Wednesday 20 September 2023

Best Ikea Lamp KNIXHULT



BUY A TABLE LAMP HERE! 
(I earn from qualifying purchases!)

This is my unboxing of the IKEA KNIXHULT wicker rattan table lamp. Assembly instructions and trying it out on the window shelf for some home decor ideas. I also talk about how the L-Shape bench is going, show our IKEA haul and sound out how a Costco membership video would go down?

HOW TO BUILD AN L-SHAPED BENCH: 


IKEA HAUL! Making our shelf look BEAUTIFUL with this lamp...



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

hello I'm Neil welcome back to the channel - it's the Dad delivers Vlog where I try new things to make your family happy 
let me put some lights on 
we've not done an unboxing video in a while have we? 
there's probably a good reason for that 
I think all my friends hate them 
they are really polarizing as well aren't they because if I'm opening something you're not interested in... it's time... it's time to switch off so let's see how long I can keep your attention for because we went to Ikea 
right so this is the other problem, it's been ages since I've made a video from my poor little Ikea dad Channel 
look there it is languishing away I think it's got 400 something subscribers but look how long it's been since I've uploaded a video 
I think I'm gonna close it down 
what do you think let me know 
uh don't tell the Ikea dad subscribers but I think I should do all of that on this channel and the Ikea videos that I do... do on this channel seem to do really well and today we went to the... the big blue and yellow store 
let's just sit here 
I've not used this as an area, so this is the L-shaped bench that I bent... “that I bent?!” 
That I built! let's give it a try 
it's not quite finished yet we've got to make some um seat cushions 
I've been cutting up uh foam and put the... the sides on... on the last video so that went well 
I think there might be one more video left where I varnish it and fill some of the screw holes on the side there 
this looks bleak doesn't it but we got something to go... this is what we're unboxing: it's to go on the... on the Shelf there if I've got that in shot and it's this! 
it's the Knixhult wicker lamp.
I hate wicker. 
We managed to purge our house of wicker... We... I managed to purge the house of wicker but this has been chosen by the person who actually has a good design or... anything in the house that you see that looks good isn't... isn't my doing and the advice is that this will finish off the... the nice wooden shelf our new wooden shelf by our new window really well 
um so let's open it up and also I can show you some of the other things that I've got in... with in Ikea today 
it was our daughter- it was our daughter's fault 
she had football today 
it's Saturday and uh it usually involves driving to really Bleak places and watching her and her teammates get injured but uh I know there's no “but” to this... 
they lost four nil 
they played really well and I think this team were a whole division above them 
there was some weird fixture problem 
if you're not familiar with the Grassroots of women's football in this country it's basically 11 year old girls and 50 year old men just screaming “down the line!” 
“down the line!” like that means something so the lionesses have actually overcome more hurdles I think to... to achieve their status in... in football 
but anyway back to the IKEA haul
uh should I show you some other things 
I got a bag which I use for the... the laundry which is good and these other things they're from Costco and I've been putting off making a video about costco 
do you want to see a video about how to join Costco in the UK? 
is that... is that a thing? 
because look I managed to get... I'll show you... we got a lot more than this 
I've got some Oat-y milk and we've got you know a catering pack of chewing gum... massive bag of Casper food and some Dentastix 
but this is the... not from us... this is the Ikea haul with some random drink 
my daughter... I just wanted to cheer her up a bit - I got this nice Heather - some lucky Heather 
I think the team might need that and a nice pot 
I got these really expensive hooks 
I don't know whether to put them on the... this is really vloggy today this... this video isn't it? 
I don't know where to put them on the door here, outside the... the bathroom so we can use that for coats for our hallway 
before my hallway project comes together 
that - I'm trying to make that the next video uh that would be over there so I think some coat hooks here would help but it might also just make the whole area look disgusting in a way that it's nice and clean and empty at the moment 
feel free to put your interior Decor device down in the comments but I was thinking if I've got some couple of flip down hooks that could be a place for hanging up dog leads and... and big coats and anything else 
got some sponges that I like I love these ones 
and some bulbs for today's main attraction the Knixhult wicker lamp 
there's not going to be much else to this video other than opening it up so ah let's see what comes in the Box
Wow okay so it's... it is wicker - to take it out of the cardboard so you get a dome thing - a hat or maybe that's... that's the base isn't it and that goes onto here so that opens up like that
Get rid of the box 
I have been taking ages editing these videos which is why they've been coming out not so very often 
I might as well just ramble and let you enjoy where... where things go instead of me trying to cut them down and make them all super whiz-bang 
I've got another Channel which is all about just traveling around London and everywhere on trains 
I literally put up a video of just me pointing at some trains and it gets hundreds of views 
I lovingly craft these Vlog videos and um that sounds like I'm whining I'm not but I just wonder if I should make these videos a bit more loose and a bit more chatty 
but anyway so we've got a base here 
I need to find a plug 
let's try down here 
and the trouble with the L-shaped bench is a bit difficult at the moment to get to the plugs that are behind it 
okay so we’re plugged in 
I swear I've got boxes of these somewhere but we bought some more... it's uh what do you call fear of... of bulbs 
it's a bulb anxiety 
whoa a little uh sneak preview there 
I think this base has to go on first like this
I love this shirt but it's got this thing where when I move my elbow it just tears some more off the uh... off the arm here 
let's put the lid on
and then you just open this up - like that so you open up the legs to lock it in 
ah it's all landfill isn't it 
and then... ah nice... nice uh fabric cord here 
the cable is about a metre and a half long so it's really not long enough to reach to the window I think I've got some more plug sockets down here give me a second I'll pretty it up for a end shot
[music]
[RIIIIP]
that's my shirt 
I mean it's you know it looks like lollipop sticks or coffee stirrer sticks
Oh some dead flies there but that looks nice 
gives a bit more light around here 
I'll run some beauty shots 
I want to thank you for hitting the Thumbs Up Button if you reach this point of the video 
if you're getting value from this Vlog content but do tell me if you want to see the Costco membership how to 
it's the best I can muster for a beauty end shot 
maybe some close-ups of the... the Shelf that's nice 


Previous post...
Best IKEA standing desk TROTTEN review


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!