Friday 22 September 2023

18 thrilling ideas for budget low cost family day out trip to London



Taking my son to London for a day with NO plan to see what we can see and do. It's another one of our unplanned day trips to give you some ideas and tips for a thrilling day out with the family!

0:00 18 Ideas for cheap things for a family day trip to London tips
2:48 John Lewis department store top floor cafe restaurant "Place To Eat"
3:25 Microsoft Experience Store gaming lounge
5:00 Emirates London cable car in North Greenwich Peninsula to Royal Docks

18 THRILLING IDEAS for London day trip with kids and family!



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

I apologize for the oversight. Here's the text with all the carriage returns removed:

"Er…”
“Grandma”
Grandma?
Oh he's here, she’s here
That's amazing oh thank you thank you
Hello I'm Neil and this is Joe and oh by the way we're in London
We've got this thing going where we take random trips - oh that's better - where we take random trips to London mainly and we just jump on a train and we have no plan whatsoever we just see how many things we can do in... in that one trip and this is our next trip
we sat by the river over there and had some steak and chips
oh my god it was amazing
so it's another Neil and Joe trip to London
that's our view right now so we've started the day with steak and chips have a look at this
we had this before on one of our earlier trips to London
you've... you've gone for the jus of tomato on there and and I've gone for the...
I can't remember what it's called
it's not chimichanga
chimura or something it's herbs and pesto
and anyway... anyway so taste the chip oh that's good
let's go for a steak get some of this on
look at that I don't know if my action camera is picking this but uh oh my god
this is Trafalgar Square and you want to go to oxford street yeah okay
go talk to Oxford Street then
he wants to go back in
look he does it for tourists - Look, look, you pay him money and he throws his dog in.
I think the dog likes it.
And we've stumbled upon a demonstration which is always nice.
We’ve seen demonstrations before haven't we?
Yes.
This one is an anti-racism demonstration - they’ve got banners to hand out look do you buy them?
Or do you just get them?
This is a bit of a secret the top floor of john lewis department store
You can eat outside it's good it's covered and we've gone for a cake and a cup of hot chocolate how is that?
it's great
So now there's another demonstration but it's um it's kind of going right at 90 degrees to the other demonstration we just walked past.
Gaming lodge.
Wow that was a surprise, so we were standing there - we were standing down the edge of the store.
Every time we come into the Microsoft store we just go to the console at the beginning just at the start and then a member of staff came over and we thought we were doing something wrong and they said you do know there's a whole gamer's lodge upstairs right so we went upstairs and then saw this!
It was a complete gaming area where you can just sit there properly so standing in the corridor but the seats were so comfortable and it was like you know highest resolution monitors…
No it wasn’t.
How long were we in there for?
Do you think half an hour?
yeah probably
oh man that was good
it's four o'clock we're thinking can we get to the cable car - the pointless emirates cable car and it's... it's so far out from central London so let's take a really long journey on the Jubilee Line out to the emirates cable car and just sit on the tube for 45 minutes to get there.
So we're at North Greenwich and there's the... you can probably see the millennium dome behind us... there's the cable car just over there and there's the uh one of them taking off
Do you take money?
Yes I do
Oh do you want to do this cash or card?
Oh yeah can I pay by card please
Okay thanks.
So we had to buy from that ticket place - we’ve got our boarding passes we're good to go
yeah, when we were here before it was a lot slower - these look pretty uh pretty nippy pretty rapid.
Oh no they look slow there.
Excuse me can I take a video of your backpack?
Video?
Yeah
[What’s her name?]
Grandma.
Grandma?
Oh he's here - that’s amazing oh thank you thank you!
This is it - this is our car - after you - in we go - oh my goodness - oh it's so warm
So the doors are closing and we're ready for takeoff...
Woah!
Oh my goodness - whoa
Whoa it just sways - Can you stand up?
Yeah.
Yeah so I didn't think...
I didn't think we would say anything while we're actually in the cable car but it's really...
it's really fast.
It's so cool - we came here before like years ago probably 5 years ago and yeah it definitely didn't go this fast then.
There was hardly anyone there - there was no queue - and, but now I think they want to get the people through.
But the other good thing is that you get the the whole cable car capsule - the pod to yourself, which is pretty cool.
I guess that's a postcovid thing.
I wonder if I can show you some uh some sights?
So it's quite windy today and it's... it's... it's really swaying - there’s like a safety kit underneath there.
Woah coming in to land!
I thought we’d stay on?
Excuse me, do we have to get off if we've got a return?
Round trip?
No!
Is it North Greenwich one?
Yes, let’s go!
Okay so this is pretty cool because we've got the round trip we could stay on I thought we had to get off and queue again like they do in theme parks but we get to stay on which is cool
So I don't know if you can see it but the... because it's sunset the cable cars are starting to light up. It’s like something from Star Wars. We’re coming in for land now oh man, how is it not... how does it stay at the same speed? I don't know but the... the wind has died down which is uh a good thing on this is honestly we paid 15 pounds for this and that I’d pay 50 for this y Yeah that was... that was worth it thank you. That's my lucky coin.

So the final thing that we’re going to do is to see how far into the O2 Centre we can go. I’m not sure how far in you can go without a ticket but we just wanted to see if we can get in the Millennium Dome. Or what's left of it after it got torn apart in that storm. So we had to do a bag check and we couldn't be bothered so yeah that was good we got to see a bit of the Millennium Dome. Oh, what was the score out of 10 for this trip? It'd be a nine but it'd be a 10 if we eat.

Hey I've started a playlist for these videos for these random trips to London that's on screen now and… Is it really? Yeah yeah well I'll do it when I've made the video... and right here's

Previous post...
LOCK LACES save me time every day! No Tie Laces!


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!