Tuesday 19 April 2022

Smashed my floor to get better WiFi... DAD DELIVERS VLOG



Our internet is terrible, so moving our WiFi router to higher ground to see if it improves our broadband signal... To do this I now have to move our ethernet cables... and to do that, I have to tear up our floorboards to get them to the right place from the hallway to the living room. Will I destroy our floors or will I be able to put them back together again? All here in my Dad Delivers Vlog...

Smashed my floor to get better WiFi... DAD DELIVERS VLOG



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

You got the other one yeah hey well done really good right then do not drop them 
[DRILLING NOISE]
I’m Neil and for some reason I thought that you would like to see under the floorboards of our house 
this is the dad delivers vlog we try to be happy with the things that we have already got and right now we have got this hole in the floor which is sort of caused by me 
we're having a new kitchen done one of the brilliant ideas that I had was that we put the tv here and that we'd asked the electrician to put an ethernet connection there 
and he did it and it's great and there's the socket there except we then decided we didn't want to put the telly there so we said could you put a cat5 ethernet socket over there 
and so we did and that is where the telly is going to go so hopefully we'll be able to plug the telly or the telly box into that ethernet connection because let's face it aerial connections are going to die aren't they
we got a aerial socket put in anyway because I’m indecisive and weak and the electrician really kindly surfaced the wires where the wi-fi box is and the wi-fi box is basically on the hallway floor 
we hate it because we keep tripping and keep tripping up over it and it means jamming the cables under the door
is your wi-fi box like this 
is your wi-fi router just like on the floor in the middle of you know wherever the nearest phone connection is
my brilliant idea for broadcasting it around the house the best place for it would be to be in the air that's the idea that we put the wi-fi box there that I fashioned some kind of shelf all I’ve got to do is move these internet ethernet cables look they've come up through the floor and there's one is black and one is purple and I think each one of those cables corresponds with the socket in the wall there and there my brilliant plan I’ve not thought out yet is that if I could somehow get the wires to emerge there then I could run power cable and ethernet cables up the wall behind some trunking drill a hole through the wall there oh I’ve not thought this through this is going to be so difficult and then the wires will all emerge this side ready for putting the wi-fi box up in the air up there 
I might be wrong but I thought you'd like to watch me drilling a hole in the floor and you'd like to see under the floorboards in our house there's some really weird smells that have come from under here over the years because I reckon this is the place where things come to die oh wow look at that
[MUSIC] 
that doesn't look healthy that is what's holding up the floor there oh Casper's going to have a look hi Casper okay
[MUSIC] 
should I go back down under the floorboards
okay here goes oh right that's where the sink under the stairs goes it goes out straight out to there so I’m hoping there's no cables under here
[MUSIC] 
into the joists - I could lift it up now somehow
I think I probably need a hammer or something to pour it up so Casper's getting ready to go out and predictably all my tools are in that covered there which is blocked by everything 
I’ve got a big screwdriver oh it's not that big but as big as there and try and prise it up before I give up and then try harder to find the hammer I now use the wallpaper scraper and the screwdriver in conjunction so two wrong tools oh no it's stuck there 
right so I think the choice is there because it won't move any further than that
[SAWING NOISE] 
i don't want it to fall down so I’m going to try and hold it with the screwdriver here
[SAWING NOISE] 
okay we're through HURRAY look at that so yeah I did hit a nail with the jigsaw 
the other problem I now have is that when I put this back it's just gonna it's just gonna fall straight through
a terrible idea so I have no idea how I’m gonna put this back on and if you saw through floorboards you probably already knew that can you see there's a joist there and that's what this is resting on but I can't lift this up at all it's completely like welded
do you think you want to try some real life minecrafting over here
it's like digging holes and stuff 
I need to pass the wire from under there and put my long arm which comes about here 
if you could put your long arm underneath and grab it then we've at least got the cables to this side 
so let me show you the solution from up here
the internet wires the ethernet cables I’m going to reach under pass them through to my son there they got the other one yeah hey well done really good right then do not drop them because that would be a big pain
[BANGING NOISE] 
so here I’m trying to somehow get that last bit of wood floorboard up but I don't think it's cut I think that's just like some kind of score line there so I’m gonna have to abandon this but that won't stop me from banging that chisel there
[SAWING NOISE] 
oh it's so close I i can't get lower it's got to be dead straight to get through and this isn't dead straight I’m just so close I’m so close but I think I need to remove these carpet grippers 
I just don't want to lose the carpet grippers because that's what's going to hold the carpet in the corner 
I’m now using the biggest wood drill bits that I’ve got and just drilling lots of holes lots of small holes to make one big hole
what a mess 
so I’ve got an exit hole there for the ethernet cables which are currently here
[MUSIC] 
oh here got one of them hey yes yes got it what'd you do 
what have you done
I’ve got the cables to come out the floor at the exact place where we want them
now this is where it becomes a bodge job or do I do it properly the the cables are tangled around the the gas pipe yeah 
so I have a choice now either feed them back down the hole redo it but do it where they have cleared the gas pipe or do I just leave it like this because I’ve sorted or I’ve got enough cable 
oh what would you do would you do it again and do it properly it'll only take a few minutes to to fix it properly but ugh it means undoing absolutely everything you've done so far and then redoing it it's not a good moment
[SAWING NOISE] 
I’m cutting these planks so that I can then screw them underneath the hole where I need the floorboard that I’ve ripped out to sit back in on so it's like a kind of a shoe kind of a base for the floorboard to sit but such is my perfectionism that look I mean I’ve even countersunk the screws there just so that it's all flat this will make no sense to anyone in the future like 50 years from now when they find this
I don't know what they're going to make of it hopefully they'll see this video so this is in place now I’ve got these two boards completely screwed in that should take the weight now I need to get the fighting over minecraft uh I need to get the original floorboard if you can hear me and then I’ll lay it down and hopefully the perfect crime
I’m really pleased with that I should screw this down but I cannot be bothered I just want my dinner 
I couldn't do it I couldn't leave it so I’ve kind of counter sunk another screw if it gets in focus I’ve countersunk another screw onto the loose floorboard but not loose now so that is really solid
[MUSIC] 
it's all nearly back to normal
[MUSIC] 
so the cables are now tidy right in the corner so now it's ready for the carpet to be pushed right back down
[MUSIC] 
so that's it it's all done so I’ve got the cable there that can then the next stage will be to trunk it up the wall through some trunking and then oh man then I’ll have to build a shelf here and run the cables through the wall 
to do that without hitting that switch that electrical switch there 
that would be phase two I’ll put it on this video here but in the meantime this is what youtube thinks you should be watching next thanks for watching me not destroy the floorboards of the house
can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on his face
thanks bye how was that

Previous post...
How to fit a toilet seat: IKEA TOILET SEAT KULLARNA review & unboxing & instructions


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!