Monday 18 April 2022

How to fit a toilet seat: IKEA TOILET SEAT KULLARNA review & unboxing & instructions



How do you change a toilet seat in the bathroom? Can I fit an IKEA KULLARNA round toilet seat on a SQUARE toilet bowl? I try just that by replacing an IKEA Kullarna wooden toilet seat for my square B&Q plastic toilet seat. Will a round soft close toilet seat even work on our rectangular bog? Will it take me under 4 hours? As you'll see in the video, I have big problems with removing our old toilet seat... but after that it's plain sailing with step-by-step instructions for fitting an IKEA Kullarna to your toilet.

How to fit a toilet seat: IKEA TOILET SEAT KULLARNA review & unboxing & instructions



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

four more turns
breathe Neil breathe 
I’ll try
hello welcome back to the channel and welcome back to the vlog and welcome to our bathroom!
this is the dad delivers vlog 
wow it's really echoing here
this is the dad delivers vlog where we try to be happy with what we've already got and I’m sharing my experiences as a dad and today I’m gonna be stumbling through this
it's - oh that’s the bigger one - it's the IKEA Kullarna toilet seat and today I’m gonna I’m gonna attempt the impossible 
I’m going to try and replace a square toilet seat with a round toilet seat 
I’m gonna bend physics
I’m gonna... I’m gonna do the impossible 
I do not know why we bought a square toilet
well I say we it was me I chose this 
I know why
it's because it was cost effective 
it was cheap and then I realised it's cheap for a reason 
nobody wants a square toilet!
it is ridiculous! 
toilets have been round since Victorian times since the industrial revolution 
I thought we would get more toilet for our bucks but this soft close is... is... is... 
well it's a bit no close isn't it?
as you know this is the second worst job that a dad can do in a house
the first worst job obviously is trying to find parking while your child has gone to accident and emergency in hospital 
you know fumbling around for change that's the worst job 
the second worst job is this
changing a toilet seat 
I know there are worse jobs in the home but look at this 
this has gone really not very well
there's a there's a crack here 
this is why men don't put the seat down
because you know you know the wear and tear is eventually going to lead to the day where you've got to change the thing 
you just don't want to do anything to shorten that finite life and... 
and end up like me on my hands and knees in the bathroom fitting a new toilet seat 
and so we have salvation in the form - the round form of the IKEA Kullarna round toilet seat 
this is an unboxing I’m going to open it like a pizza I think 
let's see what's inside ah it is it's like a delicious pizza that you can sit on and it will comfort you
we've got some crucial instructions some protective cloth ah and the toilet seat itself 
there's the crucial bag of bits
  
now I don't I don't know if this is even going to fit our toilet 
there's a bit of jeopardy in this video because this this video could end very quickly 
now I’m running the camera in real time
now I’m running the camera in real time 
let's take this away I think that's an IKEA product too ding! 
so the first step is to remove this monstrosity from our frankenstein toilet 
oh gotta reach up
oh there's only one way this rust has happened oh and the problem with toilet seat rust is that it stops the nut from turning on the thread 
I’m trying to force it through the toilet seat rust 
oh man
oh this is hard 
now the other problem I’ve got with this situation is that I might have to keep all of the bits because I might have to put this seat back ON
okay this should work 
it won't move
oh got it! 
there we go that's removed but I’ve got to be super careful and then hopefully these will come off?
Urgggh! 
none of my allen keys fit and I’ve not given the gift to myself of keeping the actual allen key for this actual seat
I... I think I did keep it and then I threw it away
I can feel the last rust coming off the bottom just four more turns
breathe Neil, breathe 
I’ll try.
Got it! Woah! 
you've birthed it 
I’ve got to do the other one now
that's taken 30 minutes 
for the other side I’m going to use a hacksaw to try and get through here to get to the screw
[SAWING NOISES] 
okay that didn't work so now just forcing it out by just bending it as hard as I can without trying to crack the toilet
well cracking the toilet would be a bit of a relief right now
but hey you got it! I did it! 
it's gone!
Uggghhh! 
next I’ll clean it with with this
next goes on the Kullarna toilet seat from IKEA so this makes it my IKEA dad vlog
this is my one of my IKEA dad videos 
I’ve got a whole channel over over here
we get a bag of bits and the first job is to fit these things to the bottom of the seat on the hinges 
just like this you press them down on the silver or chrome hinges there 
next you need to choose your hole and you do that by measuring the gap between the two holes in your toilet bowl - your toilet basin there
mine is 148 millimeters which matches these sections in the instructions
so that's how I know where to put the bolt and then these plastic nuts go onto the bolts
now it's time for the reach around - the filthy toilet reach around - And put these nuts onto the bolts 
it's a bit difficult to reach around and hold the bolt on 
dropped my nuts!
final part we're nearly there we just need this thing to tighten up the bolts so I’ll just twist this around and that will lock the nut on the bolts underneath the toilet bowl
and I think this is it 
I think I’ve managed to sort of do it
it's not quite what I wanted but this is the Kullarna IKEA toilet seat and it sort of works with the square bowl 
It’s coming out but it has a soft close lid for both... both the seats and the lid and this isn't quite what I wanted but it... it's at least it comes out as far as the front edge there 
obviously it's square so it doesn't fit the seat at all but I’ve got a toilet seat that isn't cracked and that might actually work and not crash down in the middle of you know what 
and it's good, it feels solid and oh my goodness check out the chrome fittings there on the on the hinges
we will never see them this colour again! 
that is going to turn into rust over time I’m sure but I’m just going to enjoy it while it lasts 
so that's it I hope this helps
it's a very specific problem I’m trying to find a round seat on a square toilet bowl 
if this - if this video has helped you've reached this point I’m trying to get to a thousand subscribers I don't think I’m ever going to do it but if you were to click on my face and hit subscribe that'll be huge help for me and here right here in the corner is what YouTube thinks you want to be watching next
can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on his face
thanks! bye! How was that

Previous post...
Can you day trip to London with dog? And car, kids and Grandad...


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!