Tuesday 12 April 2022

BEST Flymo strimmer? Mini Trim ST garden trimmer review and unboxing



BUY FLYMO MINI TRIM TRIMMER! (As Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)

BEST Flymo strimmer? Mini Trim ST garden trimmer review and unboxing



Trying out the Flymo MINI TRIM ST grass trimmer for the very first time. It's great! 
This Flymo strimmer is longer and taller than I thought it would be, as the handle is assembled after unboxing.
Taking it out to cut the grass round the edges of the garden, against paving stones, fences and around trees. The strimmer line is pretty tough and lasted longer than I expected.

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
Whoa it's a bit windy! 

Hello welcome back to the happy hut: is this the Flymo mini trim ST... is it any good?
Here's some random footage of me using it for the very first time and in this video I’m gonna be unboxing - this is a bit of a spoiler - but I’m going to be getting this out of the box, putting it together and giving it a spin around the garden 

I’m recording this before I’ve used it for the very first time - how's it going to go?
Buying anything for the garden for me comes from a place of fear and of not wanting to waste any money and I didn't know if it was gimmicky that the mini trim is... is mini 

I think my biggest worry was, if it's too small will it will it reach the ground?
Will I have to bend over to... to use it, so we'll try that out 
I didn't realize how controversial the word strimmer is 
I’m going to use the word strimmer because I like it but also so that YouTube offers it to people searching for the word strimmer... 

Just holding this up for this intro, it's really light 
It doesn't say on the box how heavy it is 
I’ll put on screen now how much it weighs after I put it on the kitchen scales but it feels really, really sturdy and good to hold 

This is what comes inside the box 
Get the lid open... oh wow it's really well sealed I need my knife 
It's the steak knife, the trusty steak knife 
Open this up 

This is what comes inside the box we've got some documentation which we will carefully read...
there's some bits in a bag in the distinctive Flymo orange 
I... I recognize this from a strimmer...
I’ve got a cup of soup behind here 
It's not that warm at the moment 

Inside the bag and it's been folded down to get it inside the small box 
actually my biggest worry I think was that the strimmer would be this size but it's not because this pushes on to here I guess of course it would help if I read the instructions
it's a bit windy 
I need some more soup 

And Flymo, again with the instructions! 
Look at the size of the type on there 
I’m holding it right up to the camera 
oh my goodness I... I can't read that, it's like an eye test 

This is a plea 
I’ll put some sad music on 
Flymo I love your products but would it kill you to print at 10 point - or at least 12 would be nice - so I can follow the pictures anyway 

You do push these things together on top of the shaft 
Shaft!
[MUSIC: Shaft! 
Can you dig it?]
And it just clicks together like that 
I’m not sure how you would release it - maybe that's permanent and look there's the trimmer line on the side there 

The next thing we can do is twist on the safety guard 
Let me hold it up to the camera for you 
Tthere's a notch on the top there - goes onto here 

I think it's the only way the notch can go and you've got to really twist it hard till it clicks like that and I don't know if you can see but inside the safety guard that's actually a blade 
I think to keep this at the right length so when it spins around for the first time it will lop off... whoa it's!
I think it's had enough! 

I think maybe it's time to do some strimming.
Here it goes wish me luck I’ll do the first one on camera 
so you push the safety catch down and then you can pull the trigger 
oh and there's a bit it's going to fly off the end so I’ll probably hold it down away from my face 

This is really challenging terrain for any strimmer 
I’ve got a wooden base around the concrete and the grass grows up the side but I’ve got these big rocks here - these pebbles that are decorative but they fall off and the dog likes to lift them and put them in the grass 
We've got all sorts in the grass as well - look here's a there's a teddy bear that's been there for quite some time by the looks of it 

The trimmer seems to be coping with it really well by the way 
this is the dad delivers vlog 
it's where I do something new every single day and today I’m trying to not waste our money on a Flymo mini strimmer 

here we go - the nettles - nettles are coming down here we go
okay I’ve got a difficult bit now 
this plant pot let's see how it copes with the olive tree pots

[STRIMMER NOISE]
let's do some of the fence as well

[TRIMMER NOISE]
it's got some big weeds coming
well after that the cable is still pretty much the length it was when it started it's only lost a couple of centimetres after some pretty heavy duty work 
the power cable is 6 metres long 

I think that's quite incredible I mean I still need to get an extension lead out to get it around the garden but six metres is pretty generous and winding up the cable is really great because there are these built-in giant lugs here so you can wrap the cable around
[MUSIC]
super tidy!
[STRIMMER NOISE]
let's try around the tree now
[TRIMMER NOISE]

his shot of close-up of me using the handle basically the the handle the trigger doesn't work unless you press this safety catch 
you just pull the safety catch in and then you can pull the big handle up and that makes the strimmer go
[TRIMMER NOISE]

I should have mentioned this earlier obviously there's a link in the description if you want to buy this very garden strimmer - the Flymo mini trim ST - that link will take you directly to the right amazon page so you can see how much it's costing right now 
and let's put it around the stones and see what it's like around the stones if you go back down
[TRIMMER NOISE - LINE BREAKS]

oh the trimmer line snapped off so let me show you how to pull out some more line 
oh no I’ve got grass all on my clean jeans 

what you do is you push these two lugs in and lift the cartridge out and then you can feed the spool through the hole here and then push it down until it clicks 
ah I can't believe I did that to my jeans 
oh man it's like the only clean thing I’ve got on 

I love it 

I... I think this trimmer and or strimmer gets a thumbs up from me 
it's nice and light but it feels substantial in a way that my Bosch strimmer doesn't 
that other strimmer feels a bit insubstantial it feels like he just got everything on the end of a thin metal pole 
and I like it so much that I might even use it more than twice this summer!

if this video is helpful please hit the thumbs up button or if you hit the subscribe button you take us even closer to 1000 subscribers which is really kind of you so thank you and right here is what YouTube thinks you should be watching next 
can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on the space thanks bye 
how was that?

Previous post...
How MUCH YouTube pays me at 5000 subscribers


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!