Friday 15 April 2022

How to RETURN something to Amazon for a full refund! UK step by step



Sending an item back to Amazon? How do you do that?
For a refund? I return something to Amazon UK to get my money back - in fact, I send 2 items back and show you how I do this by sharing the step-by-step process along the way.

USE THE LINK HERE! (As Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)

How to RETURN something to Amazon for a full refund! UK step by step



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

hello welcome back to the happy hut! 
you have bought something on Amazon and you've instantly regretted it and you're wondering if you can send it back? 
it's tiny! 

not only that but send it back for free and get a full refund 
me too because look I bought these two items here and they're no good 
I need to get them back 

all you need to do is just tick a few boxes, put the stuff back in the box that it came in, and get yourself over to the post office 

I don't know why I’m being so aggressive! 
...and take a lovely trip to the post office 

you and me are gonna do this together and we're gonna get our money back! 
this is the dad delivers vlog where I try to do something new each and every day and this is new 
because I haven't sent TWO items back at once so we'll see how that goes 
the first thing we want to do is to make sure that you are logged into your Amazon account 
I’m in the UK so this is what my Amazon homepage looks like 

but if you go up to the top of the screen there you can see this menu “returns and orders” 
so we'll click on that and that opens up all of your orders from the past three months 
you can change how long back it goes here 
but the item that I want to send back - well the two items I want to send back - are right here 

they are a vans backpack and a Spigen screen protector 
shall I tell you what was wrong with them? 
no I’ll save that I’ll say that but later on but the first thing you want to do is to find this menu item here “return or replace items” 
so if we click on that and it opens up all of the items that were delivered as part of that delivery and oh my goodness this was quite a haul 
I bought some things for my daughter but I also bought this backpack 
so I’m going to tick on the box for the backpack and then I’m going to click on this menu here 
“why are you returning this?” 

if you click on the menu it... it brings up all of the possible reasons that you're allowed to select so we've got you found a better price... they're missing parts or the package was damaged... or the item is defective 
but I think the one that fits me most is that it's not useful for intended purpose 
we thought from the photo that it would be the size for a schoolboy but it's more like a little handbag unfortunately 

you can put details in this box here but I’m not going to bother doing that so let's go down to the second item that I want to return 
three pack of samsung galaxy s9 screen protectors 
it was so dumb: the listing says samsung galaxy s9 plus screen protector 
I thought that meant an s9 PLUS a screen protector 

I thought it was an additional thing I didn't realize there was an actual phone called the s9 plus 
there's a help article down here for why don't I see all of my items 
you might want to pause but I’m just going to continue now and that brings up a summary 
“how can we make it right” 

so I’m going to choose refund to Amazon account balance on both of them 
and then we're going to tick the box here 
yes please issue my refund to my Amazon account 
lots of different options for sending things back 
the one I found the easiest even though they recommend hermes drop off is to drop it off return it to the royal mail 

and what's great is that they'll sort it all out I’ll show you the process in a moment so I’m going to choose Royal Mail drop off, print in store 
and then we'll click on “confirm your return” 
so here we now have “your return summary” 

Amazon have sent me an email 
here's what the email looks like 
we've accepted your return request 

it takes a while for this email to arrive so don't worry if it doesn't appear instantly but it gives you this QR code on the screen here the idea is that we'll pack up the items and we'll go to the post office and they will zap this QR code and then they'll take it away for you 
you don't have to label it, you don't have to... you don't have to do anything 
it's fantastic 
here if you want to pause, here are the instructions for how to take it to your nearest post office 

so I’ve got an idea:
should we pack up the items go to the post office? 
let's see if this works! 
I’m going to let you know if I get paid in a minute in a moment, that's after I’ve handed it in at the post office let's go in 

“Cashier Number 2 please”
Lovely hi
I’ve got an Amazon return? 
perfect, there we go. Put it on the scales

Lovely send that in.
that's it thank you
it was THAT quick! 

look I’ve got proof of postage let's find out now if I get the money back 
that was at 3:20 
one hour 40 minutes later I get this email from Amazon refund total 4.99 and for the vans backpack I got 28 pounds back so we did it! 

if you hit the subscribe button right now nothing will happen whatsoever but you'll be taking me closer to the 1000 subscribers mark which we're trying to hit so thanks so much if you are kind enough to hit that button or even the thumbs up to help other people find this 
right here is what youtube thinks you should be watching next 
can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on his face, thanks bye how's that?

Previous post...
PREMIER INN London City Tower Hill vs Farnborough - look inside hotel room


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!