Friday 22 October 2021

I tested positive! what happens next....



NEXT DAY - PART 2 IS HERE: https://youtu.be/Fz-S3hHTNjM
I dont think YouTube will show this video to anyone, so you can really help me out:
If this video helps, LEAVE A COMMENT below to say hi - I'd love to hear from you.

You can also help me by clicking THUMBS UP or get to 1000 subscribers with SUBSCRIBE here thanks! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5GL2M_HNyaLy_kEQwVp0KQ?sub_confirmation=1

I tested positive! what happens next....



Tested Positive for The Rona... What does that mean for the family? What happens next? How many texts, emails and phonecalls will I get from NHS Test and Trace?
When will the 10 days self-isolation actually end?

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

hello I’m Neil and I just scored a positive result!
Ta-daah!
what do I win 
oh man it feels like um really bad man flu and uh I’ve not been vlogging after 
- this is called the dad delivers vlog where we try to be happy with what we've already got and according to this lateral flow test I’ve got I might have got something 
I’ve not been vlogging very much and maybe this is the time to uh to get back into the vlog 
so I had a negative result two days ago 
and then a negative result yesterday 
and then last night I was just - I just I was cooking for a change and I just suddenly lost all sense of taste and smell 
did a test that was negative uh one of these 
woke up this morning and thought I’d give it another test and and this is how it's come up 
it was a bit of a shock to see that first stripe popping up 
it popped up instantly 
so I just feel really blocked up like I don't want to be in my own body 
it's man flu 
basically I’ve tested positive for man flu 19 
when I lost my taste and smell I booked an appointment for the PCR test site this morning 
and now we're going as a family! 
yeah fun time dad 
fun time 
you gotta be positive
yeah 
so we're all on our way now to a family trip to the PCR centre
Ray! 
Reh!
and what I don't understand and clearly I’m not an expert but I’ve got one of the symptoms 
I’ve had a positive lateral flow test and yet the government advice is that all of you you don't have to self-isolate at all 
you can still go to school! 
I... I don't quite understand 
so just to add to the sense of drama and anticipation... there's a fire drill at one of the businesses at the business park 
as well as this Threads-like... we got an audience! 
that's not good 
there are too many yeah yeah there are too many hi-vis vests!
Just one?
um there's four of us actually 
I’ll go on the number plate because there's so many
Who wants hand sanitizer? 
oh okay 
so I touched... the swab touched my tongue I’m going to get another one 
we've got the uh the hazard lights are on but no one's coming yet 
it's quite busy
I dont know why you cant open the window - it’s ridiculous
There’s nobody here and we're passing it around amongst others
can we turn this off now?
Do you want to film the people going back 
and these are the people going back from their fire drill back to their work
MUM: Ah, thank you for checking me out!
that's like school I’d literally do the exact same
And they’re all walking past while Mum’s got a swab up her nose! 
they're all looking at you 
a couple of people just like... just pointed he's just pointed
he's saying “look, we might have a fire drill...” and look I’m gonna have to... 
Look we're being filmed! he's talking to his friend he's like “look we're being filmed!” 
Look there's a old lady sticking a thing up her nose look look 
he's like oh huh
okay you take the papers
oh Neil they’ve got to go together
they havent!
So that went well! 
open the windows now 
so if you haven't got it, being in a car with the windows wound up probably isn't going to help.
Yeah dont go with the one who tested positive
right 
I think I preferred the walk-in one we went to do you remember?
which one did you prefer 
I dont care
oh 
I like the other one because it looked really bleak and it was like um pylon there and nobody else there 
it's like some kind of zombie apocalypse thing situation
it could not have made it look more bleak 
it's time now to get our results!
hello it's day two of the vlog and the covid-ness the Rona-ness 
I thought the video would end right here with me showing you my my my results which I’ve got on screen there 
yep it's positive 
the rest of the family are all bizarrely negative and looking over the footage from yesterday I’m a bit shocked 
we weren't really thinking straight 
so I had a positive test result the family had negative test results 
why we... why are we getting into a car and being in an enclosed space for an hour 
I hadn't quite thought that through 
I think we just all assumed that we all had it 
anyway so this morning it's confirmed that the rest of the family - my kids my long-suffering wife are negative - and I’m positive 
what I wasn't expecting was the wave of administration that you've got to do now 
probably at a time when you're not feeling great as well but it's got to be done 
but it's asking me questions like have I had a vaccine 
it's like you're the NHS! 
you've got you've got my details! so I’m answering these questions for things that I’d hope the NHS system would already know 
so anyway vaccine it's now asking me for the date of my first dose 
why am I putting this information in when the NHS is the organization that arranged the vaccine for me so I don't understand why as part of this test and trace I’ve got to put in information that the NHS you'd think would already know 
anyway let's stick with it try and stay positive
yeah 
what... what type of vaccine did you have 
you you gave it to me! 
I think the hardest thing with doing this vlog apart from feeling a bit rough or very rough um I’m trying to not get angry about the system and it takes a bit of energy to keep things in perspective 
so now I’m walking around the house wearing a face mask
hello day three and I’m basically locked in the bedroom now 
the rest of the family are going about their lives in their negativity 
I’m still staying positive but I’m gonna find out if I am actually positive still 
I wanted to see if a lateral flow test would show uh what it would show 
time to jam one of these up my hooter 
I’ve still got - you probably can't see it - but I’ve still got really red eyes really ah pink pink eye
[SNEEZING]
the line that shows that you're positive is taking a while to emerge and when I when I took it two days ago it just appeared instantly 
but I thought it was quite interesting that you know maybe it's a sign that I’m slightly less infectious? I don't know? 
the lines come through but it took a while it's so much fainter than my first test can I find my first test I look at the difference 
so that was when I first noticed the morning after my symptoms on day three 
the line... the line's fainter I don't know if that means anything 
I think the best way to describe the feeling at the moment is it's delicate 
hello so it's day four and um the hardest part is is the taste and smell it's oh sorry I’ve got my got my lunch 
so this is my lunch 
I can literally eat anything at the moment because I can't taste a thing and my sense of smell isn't as good as young casper here 
casper's got a cough too! 
he's had it the whole time that um the family have
[DOG COUGHING]
just a bit of a coincidence do you think do you think you've got The Rona? 
so he's just here for the for the frankfurters which I can't taste I should um try to make money from this somehow and write a cookbook 
“what to eat when you're down with The Rona” because basically that's a recipe book where you could put in literally anything 
these are really strong tasting but I can't sense a thing
it's day five and I can see I can see that second line emerging 
hey casper
They shut the door before I could see him!
Casper!
good luck at the football! who are you playing today?
Oh, a friendly match!
yeah it's definitely taking longer each day for the second line to emerge but the second line is definitely emerging 
I’ll line it up along with the... the other ones
so that's my little collection 
my son had a go at making one to see if he could get out of school it was almost convincing but not quite 
last night I got bored in my confinement so I thought I could use the natural flow test for some kind of creative or artistic project 
I think we've all tried this right?
 the the The Rona domino rally action alley? 
I don't know if I can keep this going for five days 
I’m starting to not take the confinement not very well 
I really really miss going somewhere I just missed I miss going to the lidl 
I miss just pointlessly wandering around with a podcast 
I need to plan something put in the comments where you think I should go and maybe I could actually do one of them 
hello hello hello hi can I speak to Neil Mossey please? 
speaking 
hi Neil my name's Laila I’m just calling on behalf of the NHS test and trace 
just a give you a quick call to check up on you and talk about your self isolation and that this call is being recorded for training and quality purposes 
are you free to talk right now 
I am so we're both aware that this call is being recorded then and that's okay 
Yes sir that’s fine 
So you're okay with it?
how are you feeling today Neil bit rough but good thank you for asking and can I just confirm that you are intending to continue to self isolate 
I’m in my bedroom now 
I’m sick of it 
okay perfect um so that's really it before I go I just need to remind you that you do need to remain in self isolation for ten days after the date that you developed symptoms or tested positive even if you were showing no symptoms as it is a legal requirement now for you to stay at home and self isolate which I already know that you're doing so that's not a problem 
I just want to say thank you for your time today Neil and of course with self isolating we know that you're having to make a sacrifice so stay at home during this time however you are helping stop the spread of the virus so thank you so much 
before I end the call are you clear about everything I have discussed with you today 
I’m not can I just ask a question please 
do you have any ideas of where I could go at one minute past midnight
what would you... where would you go where would you go on your first minute of freedom from the house with a family driving you nuts and avoiding you 
isn't that... it’s up to you sir!
I don’t know a bar, a club, whatever
that sounds good I was gonna - I was gonna go tesco express but your idea sounds better!
In the car park. Enjoy it there.
maybe mcdonald's drive through I don't know 
Any other questions?
no that's uh really helpful thank you and can I also ask, don't... 
forgive me you don't have to answer this... but your job is to to basically call and give this reminder?
so we make isolation follow-up calls yes sir on the fourth day of isolation on the seventh day of isolation and on the 10th day of isolation 
just to check up on the individual 
understood understood understood 
So the next call will be on day seven 
yeah on the 19th sir 
ah wonderful that's really interesting thank you so much 
it's okay sir, I hope you have a nice day 
you too - thank you thank you bye bye - thank you for your work 
so the official advice... the OFFICIAL advice from test and trace themselves is that they would go to a bar - you don't have to do this it's up to you - but they would go to a club or bar one minute past midnight 
ah what's it gonna be 
is it gonna be on day 10 minute one, tesco express or the NHS test and trace callers club and bar 
where would you go
I’m going stir crazy I’ve lost it 
wanna know what happens next it's all right here on this video as soon as I put it up thanks even more for subscribing - I’m trying to get to the 1000 to get paid for this so thank you so much and I hope you don't get this 
can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on his face, thanks bye! how was that


Previous post...
Hack my IKEA desk with AUDIO HUB! My easy YouTube studio hacks: in-desk USB headphone socket


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!