Sunday 17 October 2021

Hack my IKEA desk with AUDIO HUB! My easy YouTube studio hacks: in-desk USB headphone socket



Buy them here! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
USB Desk Hub in-Desk Hub - Desk Cable Bushing with Multi Card Reader Desk Cable Box 
(Amazon DE) https://amzn.to/2Ur3HF4

Hack my IKEA desk with AUDIO HUB! My easy YouTube studio hacks: in-desk USB headphone socket



I want to plug my headphones into my new Ikea Desk... Punching a hole in my brand new IKEA Skarsta Standing Desk! To fit USB Desk Hub in-Desk with headphone and microphone 3.5mm sockets, Multi SD Card Reader and audio jacks. 
This Ikea desk hack, hopefully means I can plug my micro SD card and SD card straight into the desk without rooting around my PC, AND easily plug my 3.5mm headphone jack right next to where I'm sitting! 
This is my unboxing review of the CSL USB Desk Hub in-Desk Hub - Desk Cable with Multi Card Reader Desk Cable Box. 
0:00 Fitting a USB hub and headphone jacks to my IKEA Skarsta Standing desk 
1:20 How to cut a hole in a desk for cables 
4:10 IKEA Desk hack: cable management, headphone & microphone sockets in desk hub

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
Time to permanently put a hole in my desk
[CUTTING NOISE]
Right, it’s come out clean, fantastic!
Hello it's an exciting day here at the happy hut 
I’m going to be fitting this - USB port and headphone jack 
I’m actually going to be fitting it to my new IKEA Skarsta standing desk 
This is what the port looks like 
It has three USB ports and a mic jack and a headphone jack and this is going to save me so much time - it's got a USB card reader and a micro SD card reader 
It comes with like a well with spaghetti underneath and on the other end we have a USB 2.0 plug, microphone and headphone jack 
3.5 mm jacks 
This is my IKEA Skarsta standing desk and I’ve got it raised to quite a high level 
It can probably go up even further but I just wanted to get it in shot, so you could see I’ve marked this spot here 
This is where I want the USB port to be 
I’ve marked it out - I’ve made it 10 centimetres in and 10 centimetres from the side and I’ve planned it so that it doesn't hit anything underneath?
Fingers crossed 
I’ve got uh Derek drill here 
We're going to cut into this so first I’m going to drill a pilot hole so here it goes 
Okay here goes nothing - here goes defacing my brand new IKEA desk 
So that's the pilot hole 
I can now use this as a pilot hole for this round teeth cutter 
I never know - I’ve taken out the ones in the middle - I never know if you're supposed to leave these in to help grind away or whether to just leave the outer one as a clean hole say... say something in the comments if you know one way or the other 
It'll be too late for me! 
Time to permanently put a hole in my desk
I hate this moment here we go
[DRILLING NOISES]
Alright it’s come out clean - fantastic 
So I now have a hole in my IKEA Skarsta desk so I can take this away now but this is what it looks like inside the Skarsta desk it’s...
it's like corrugated cardboard so that's - I wasn't expecting that 
So I’ll just vacuum it out 
Now I have a really big problem 
The blade that I used was 5.5cm but the hole is six centimetres because it it's just that little bit too small but if I do it with a knife it's going to be really super messy 
I don't know what to do this blade is too big I think what I’m going to do is go to the hardware store and buy more stuff
Okay so I’ve gone to the hardware store in town and I looked everywhere and look there is a space for the hole cutter set and they don't have any - but the measurements looked like they were slightly too small or slightly too big anyway so now I’m going to go home and see if I can use a knife 
I’m gonna use this knife I am going to mark out how much extra I need by just drawing around it there so now I need to cut out pretty much that much with the knife and the very high quality IKEA desk is cutting really easily
[MUSIC]
So let's try that - I’ll push the holder in - wow it's perfect fit 
great stuff 
so obviously that looks a lot more tidier than that 
I’ll rub out my pencil marks there that looks really smart and then we can feed the cables down into the desk
[MUSIC]
Perfect look at this this looks so good you can twist it to any orientation you want 
I might have it facing towards me slightly and I’m not going to be using this but you can feed cables any loose cables like mouse cables or keyboard cables into the desk and it just comes out the other side so what I need to do now is to plug these into my computer that's lashed under the desk and that is a really nice setup I think 
I’ll just try it out now with my urbanears headphones but you can get this desk headphone jack and USB port in the link in the description down below 
I’ll throw it out of shot for one last time and... but let's give this a try so this is what it looks like and it is looking pretty darn fine and pretty darn flush as well 
so there are three USB ports let's try one of those 
we also have micro SD card slot and an SD card slot there 
and then I’ll plug in my headphone socket there we go 
But that is looking pretty darn good 
I’m really really pleased with that and the cables that come attached to it feel pretty substantial too so don't forget the link in the description 
Thanks for watching and right here is some other stuff that I’m doing on YouTube 
Can you please help my daddy get 10000 subscribers 
just click on his face thanks bye all right this is going to be the proper one right


Previous post...
Backup my TWITTER and MASS DELETE 5000 TWEETS! How to archive your twitter account and bulk remove


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!