Thursday 11 March 2021

SONY ZV1 can you film 4K on Micro SD card? ZV-1 camera video zoom & sample footage zooming!



Can you shoot 4K with a Sony ZV1 on a Micro SD card? And what is the zoom lens like, is the Sony ZV-1 camera zooming any good?
This is a big old sample footage test - 4K video to show you what it's like for me. It's also my first 4K video, so a massive learn for me. I show you the best Sony ZV 1 camera menu settings I use for 4K and the best micro SD card I've found.

Shot on SONY ZV-1, BUY ONE HERE:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
MY FAVOURITE TRIPOD HAND GRIP
Boya BY-M1 CLIP-ON LAVALIER MICROPHONE
Comica MINI DEADKITTEN WINDSHIELDS

SAMSUNG 128GB MICRO SD CARD WHICH IS "U3" - BETTER FOR 4K:


SONY ZV1 can you film 4K on Micro SD card? ZV-1 camera video zoom & sample footage zooming!



0:00​ SONY ZV1 can you film 4K on Micro SD card? ZV-1 camera video zoom & sample footage zooming!
0:40​ How to set Sony ZV-1 into 4k mode - which ZV1 menu setting?
1:55​ My Sony ZV1 camera vlogging setup: Gorillapod, Boya BY-M1 lapel mic, Comica mini-windshield
3:00​ Can you use a Micro SD card with a Sony ZV 1 camera? Link here: https://youtu.be/K7KiS8396Ow​
4:57​ What is the zoom like on a Sony ZV1 camera? Is the zoom any good? Video test footage.
6:36​ What is the battery life like on a Sony ZV-1 camera shooting at 4k?
7:02​ More Sony ZV-1 sample 4K video footage

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

I get the impression you would like to see a Sony ZV1 camera video sample 
that's footage shot in 4k on on this - the Sony ZV1 or ZV1 depending on where in the world you are 
I have a funny feeling that I might actually be the best person to show you this because I spent about an hour and a half yesterday shooting this: 
I shot this video yesterday. About an hour's worth of material and I couldn't use one frame of it 

I did literally everything wrong 
everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong 
I didn't shoot in 4k 
I thought... I thought that setting it to 50 frames per second would put it into 4k 
It's... it's not obviously 
you have to go to file format and choose 4k there 
the other thing I did wrong was that the ZV1 or ZV1... it has a gyroscope inside so it sensed that I was holding this camera vertically like this 
and it shot all the material in portrait and I didn't want this for instagram 

so this is my second attempt and it turns out that this is my very first 4k video 
I'm shooting this on my GoPro hero5 
I've brought this along so that you can actually see the camera and I've had this camera for like four years - never shot 4k 
so as you can see I'm absolutely the best person to be showing you this 

hello I'm Neil Mossey, I'm a development producer helping high achieving creators and performers just like you - that's a GoPro high five - to get ideas out of your head and out onto here on YouTube where we absolutely need them 
we need... we need you to be making videos and I'm making these videos so that you can avoid all the mistakes that I'm making on my YouTube journey 

I'm not a camera guru or a photography expert and I'm going to try and do as much talking as possible 
so you get to see as much 4k footage as possible 
let me cut to the other camera now 
this is my my setup 
I've got a Sony ZV1 on top of a gorillapod and I've got my boya by-m1 microphone 
I've made a video about that: that's in the description below 

I've got this windshield on because it is a bit breezy and it seems to be helping the audio and on top of the camera - let's get the GoPro in again - I've put a phone holder to uh just put my notes in front of me because we've got a lot to get through and I'm going to talk a lot so that you get to see as much footage as possible 

I'm holding it on a gorillapod 
I tried it with my hand grip yesterday and I just needed it to be just a bit further away so you can actually see something other than my big face 
I have made a whole load of video that's the correct collective noun by the way - a load of videos 

I've made a whole load of videos about the Sony ZV1 camera and one of them is can you use a micro SD card with a Sony ZV1 camera? 
here's a spoiler yes you can.
But one of the comments that I got was was this it reads Grabba in 4k? 

I'm not sure my pronunciation is correct and isn't it something like graba en cuatro-K 
now I think I know what this means but I put it into Google translate and it came out as "can you record in 4k on a micro SD card?" 
which was a really specific question but I thought well why not make a video about it 

I'm in the uk so I'm shooting in pal which means I'm on 25 frames per second and I chose the 50m setting, but when you switch it to 100m you get this error message: 
it says basically you've got to use a card which is rated U3 and luckily I had just bought one of those I've got it on screen now 

I'll put a link in the description to that card 
and I know what you're thinking which is, Neil... why don't you just buy an SD card 
they cost about the same as the micro SD cards and they're actually designed for proper cameras like this 
and I hear you but all my cameras up until this point have used the micro SD card 
I've got my DJI Osmo Pocket, my GoPro Hero5 plus my daughter's got a camera my son's got a drone... 
it means that I've got a lot of micro SD cards that I wanted to use

it's just really handy being able to flip those cards across all my devices 
plus I've got I've got quite a lot of them as well.
And if you're interested I'm... I've got this set to intelligent auto, active stabilization at 25 frames per second, the 50m 
this is going so well I think I might even look up what the m means! 
so how's this working for you so far? 

leave me a comment let me know what you think 
but I've got a second question and it came on this comment here and the comment reads 
how is the zoom on a Sony ZV1 camera? 
Is it enough for the average user because I see the zoom on the RX100 mk6 or mk7 is bigger but it costs too much just for that feature and I... I completely hear you 
I mean this this camera here isn't cheap either, so what I'm going to do... 

I'm going to find, I'm in uh some ancient heath land and I think there's some ancient uh burial mounds like that one there 
I found myself a really nice burial mound to stand on and this is what I can see on the GoPro.
And if we cut to the Sony ZV1 camera... 
and what I'm going to do is, I'm going to zoom in to the end of the optical zoom which is about there so you can see that building there 
I'll just take it back a little bit because the digital zoom kicks in really smoothly 
so that's the end of the optical zoom and then I'm going to push it in just a bit further to go all the way in

And then to give you an idea of the capability of this, I'm going to zoom all the way out in one move.
So that is the extent of the... of the zoom
And something that-- that's really useful for me because I'm using a lapel mic 
if I were using the onboard mic you would hear the the zoom mechanism really loudly 
so it's nice to be able to separate my voice from the zoom on the camera 
let's go all the way out

if you're interested in the battery life I've been running my ZV-1 for about 40 minutes on airline mode and the screen at sunny weather brightness so I've saved power with the airline mode - or airplane mode - and I've probably blown it all on the on the bright screen 
but at least I can see what I'm doing 
and it's lasted for 40 minutes I'm on the final bar of battery right now so I think I'm on its last legs 
shall I just show you some 4k footage and run some music? 

I'll do that for a minute just so you can see what the footage looks like just as a normal video sample.
[MUSIC]
[MUSIC]
OOOH!
is this video helping? 
I don't think anyone will reach this point of the video but if you have why not say hi in the comments below 
and right here are all my videos about the Sony ZV1 camera 
I hope there's something in there to also help out with you with this camera



Previous post...
How I handle comments. EASY YouTube Creator Academy Course Quiz #4


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!