Thursday 25 January 2024

Turn OFF Google Assistant: no more voice results!



How do you TURN OFF GOOGLE ASSISTANT on your Android phone?
Maybe you find it irritating when the Assistant reads out the Google results, or you just don't want Google Assistant linked to your mobile device... Either way, I show you where in the menus you can switch off Google Assistant on your Android phone.

Turn OFF Google Assistant: no more voice results!



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
How do you turn off that annoying thing where Google reads out the result every time I Google search on my phone? 
Hello, I’m Neil and this is bugging me.
[GOOGLE VOICE:] Sure, I love chatting. I also love animal facts.
If you want the whole Google Assistant thing turned off from your phone, so no speech or voice will come up, go into your Google app, and then click on the avatar on the top right-hand side.
And then we'll click on settings. 
Then scroll down to the Google Assistant section and click on that. 
Now scroll down to the section labelled 'General' - there's a cog icon there - and click on that. 
And there's Google Assistant.
There's a toggle switch here that means we can turn it on or off by pressing that blue button.
And just to show how much Google cares about us, it gives us this warning.
If you want to go ahead, click 'Turn off.' 
Bye-bye, Google Assistant!
[GOOGLE VOICE:] I love chatting with you. 
Thanks for being awesome by hitting the thumbs up or subscribe button. 
I really appreciate it, and it helps others to find this video. And right here is what YouTube knows that you will love watching next.
[GOOGLE VOICE:] They say it's politest to stick to two subjects: the weather and people's health, right?"

Previous post...
How to translate ANY YouTube video on your channel - EASY CAPTIONS!


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!