Tuesday 9 January 2024

How to make a Netflix account and sign out!



How to do create a Netflix account, using just your phone? I walk you through the process to sign up to Netflix, step-by-step so you can follow along and make a Netflix account for yourself! 

Easy Netflix: How to make a Netflix account... and sign out!



0:00 How to Sign out, log out, remove or unlink Netflix account from your phone device app
1:29 How to make a new Netflix account: Create, open account for Netflix app on your phone

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
Hello, welcome back to the Happy Hut. 
How do you make a Netflix account and get started with the Netflix app? 
The new thing I'm trying to make your family happy is getting us onto Netflix from the very beginning and setting up a brand new Netflix account, so I'm doing this for the first time. 
I've got the Netflix app up on screen here.
The first thing we need to do is to sign out of Netflix if you're signed in as someone else. 
I'm not suggesting anything, but if you do have the Netflix app already and you're already watching it on someone else's account, it's really easy to log out. 
All you need to do is go into any profile like this - and then press on “my profile” on the bottom right-hand corner. 
Sorry, I just need my glasses for this, and that opens up this page.
Then we need to click on... there are two menus at the top of the screen.
There are three dots and there's like a hamburger icon. 
If you click on the hamburger, the three flat lines, that opens up this menu, and right at the bottom here you can see “sign out”. 
And if we click on “sign out”, it brings up this information box. 
"Signing out of this app means you'll also sign out of all other Netflix apps on this device." 
That's okay, so we'll just click sign out. 
Signed out!
Now we need to create a brand new login. 
So I'm going to click on the Netflix app again, open it up, and this brings up the login page. 
Now if we don't have a login, all we need to do is click on “New to Netflix, sign up now”. 
Let's click on that. 
And then we get some promotional material saying what you'll actually get. 
I'm going to click here on “Get started”.
So now we give them an email address to create the account. 
And now we'll need to think up a new password. 
And now it wants us to use a browser to complete the login details. 
We can paste this link into a browser and it brings up this page. 
Firstly, we need to choose our plan. 
I've not thought this through; I’m going to have to do this now! 
Obviously, you're watching this in the future, possibly in another country. 
All of the Netflix plans will be laid out for you to choose the right one for you. 
And now we can click next.
It's asking us now how we would like to pay for the monthly fee. 
I've actually got a gift code so I'm going to type in our gift code. 
Now they explain the next step of the process, and we can now press “Start paid membership”. 
Welcome to Netflix! 
We did it.
The next step asks what devices will we be watching on? 
It says select all that apply, so I know my kids are going to be doing all of this. 
I don't know if we’ve got the set-top box, let's just tick all of them, see what happens. 
Now I can click next.
The next step asks who will be watching Netflix. 
All of us is the answer, but I can set up profiles for five people so that they get personalized recommendations from Netflix. 
And now we can click next. 
Will there be any children watching? 
Well, if you've seen the channel before, you'll know, yeah, we've got a couple of kids, but they’re sort of at the age now where they're watching stuff more frightening and scary than us. 
So I won't go through saying who's a child, but you can set up child-friendly profiles. Let's click next.
Which languages do you like to watch programmes and films in? 
It gives a range of languages and you can change these later, so you don't have to set this up right now. 
I'm going to click on next, pick three to continue. 
Netflix are setting me homework right now! 
I'll just do some random ones, don't judge me. 
I'll put Friends... 
I did try the Beckham thing, it was just, uh, but I couldn't watch more than a couple of them. 
I've got the attention span of a crack baby, I don't know, “Young Sheldon”, and “Peppa Pig”.
And now they're going to start personalizing my profile with those choices.
And start watching with the free app because we started this process with the app. 
So, oh, this is clever. So I hit next, and it's automatically logged me in. This is a really nice touch, by the way, Netflix. Thank you. 
So the browser has filled it in, and it's logged in for me. 
Here we have our profiles ready for us to go. Let's see what the choices are. I don't want to know. Oh no, it's just some random stuff. That's good. I am calling this a Dad delivers success!
Now you know how to set up a brand new Netflix account and log in to Netflix for the first time. 
Say hi in the comments, it would be lovely to hear from you. Thank you for hitting the thumbs up or the Subscribe button. It really helps me out and helps me keep this channel going. And right here is what YouTube knows you are going to love watching next! 
Before the Netflix!


Previous post...
How to change YAHOO to GOOGLE on chrome FAST!


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!