Thursday 5 October 2023

How to LOOP a YouTube video or playlist or clip



How do you loop a YouTube video to auto play again and again. I walk you through looping a video on YouTube desktop and on the mobile app so you can loop a music video over and over. I also show how to loop play a playlist and make a clip to loop too.

How to LOOP a YouTube video or playlist or clip



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
How do you loop a video on YouTube, you know, play a video again and again and again until you can't stand the video anymore? I want to do this because I really like playing music in the background while I'm working, and I'm going to show you how to do this on a desktop and a mobile device like a phone. Let's start with the YouTube desktop.
This is just the regular youtube.com. I want to loop this track. 
[Music] 
There's WKRP in Cincinnati. All we do. Maybe I should turn the sound down. All I need to do is to right-click anywhere on the picture window, the video window. So, I'll click on the YouTube video, and you can see this menu has come up, and right at the top here is "Loop." I'm going to hit Loop, and then I'm going to replay the video because it ran out. And if I right-click again, you can see that there's a checkmark, a tick next to the loop, so I know that when it gets to the end, maybe we should test it, but yeah, it started.
Let me do this now on a mobile device or on your phone. All we need to do is to click anywhere in the YouTube video. So anywhere up here, and you can see it brings up these icons. In the top right-hand corner, there's a cog icon. So, I'll click on that, and that brings up all these options, and you can see right there, "Loop video." It's really simple. We just click on that. I'll bring it up again so you can see that it says "Loop video on." So now when we play it, let's play the end...
And it plays again. This is fantastic. There are two more tricks I can show you. If you want to loop a playlist, just play the video in the playlist. So, I'll hit play here, and that brings up two buttons: one Shuffle, but this button here with the arrows on the left, that's Loop. So that will loop all the videos in the playlist. On the desktop, just play the playlist again, and you'll see those two buttons here, see the arrows. This one is Shuffle, and this one is "loop playlist." So I'll click on that. That's going to loop this playlist...
[MUSIC: “Baby.... If you've ever wondered...”]
Here's another trick. If you want to loop a tiny portion of the video, so maybe just a little clip, it's really easy. Just click on the button under the video with these three little dots, and that will bring up these options. Click on "clip," and then we can drag these blue handles. I know it's going to start here, and if you want to set the end of the clip, just click on the blue handle on the right, and now...
[Music]
That's the clip we want. You can add a title here, so I'll call this "WKRP jingle," and then I'll click "share clip." And we can do this on mobile. Underneath the video, there are these buttons that you can scroll across. We're going to click on the button marked "clip," and we can do exactly the same thing with these blue handles to mark out the beginning and the end of the clip. All we need to do now is give the clip a name and hit save.
Thanks for hitting the thumbs up or the subscribe button. If this is working for you, say hi down in the comments below. Let me know that this works for you. And right here are all my other YouTube tips and tricks. 
[Music] 
[Music]



Previous post...
Taking a free online ADHD test


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!