Tuesday 3 October 2023

DJI ACTION 2 camera unboxing and reviews



BUY ONE HERE! 
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DJI ACTION 2 CAMERA
Boya BY-M1 CLIP-ON LAVALIER MICROPHONE
Comica MINI DEADKITTEN WINDSHIELDS

MY NEW DJI ACTION 2 CAMERA PLAYLIST: 

TINY DJI ACTION 2 unboxing and sample footage camera review with OSMO ACTION comparison!



I just got the DJI ACTION 2 camera, so obviously just unboxed it on camera and threw in some sample footage. Includes footage of the DJI Action 2 compared with DJI Osmo Action 1, audio from the second screen dual screen unit and external microphone (BOYA BY-M1 clip on lavalier mic)

0:00 DJI ACTION 2 camera unboxing and sample footage camera review with OSMO ACTION comparison
0:45 DJI Action 2 camera initial impressions
2:45 DJI Action 2 camera setup - How to set up the Action 2 with the DJI Mimo app and Action 2 second screen power unit 
4:40 How to update the Action 2 through the DJI Mimo app
5:59 DJI Action 2 sample footage: camera unit only, dual-screen second screen unit, Osmo Action 1 camera side-by-side test, wearing with magnetic lanyard, and with external microphone Boya BY-M1

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
this is the DJI Action 2 camera and I’ve cut to the camera now 
this - you're actually seeing the Action 2 in Action 
I’ve actually got the Action 2 on my Ulanzi hand tripod here and this is what the camera looks like just with normal automatic settings
and I’m filming these other shots on my osmo Action 1
I don't know why they dropped the word osmo? 
perhaps you do leave a comment down below
it's really difficult doing this without being able to use my hands because I’m holding two cameras 
coming up right now I’m going to unbox the DJI Action 2 and show you what comes out of the box and what you need to do at setup
and here's a spoiler I found it quite difficult 
so this is how it arrives
even the package itself is nice and small and compact but I actually wanted to know what is literally in the box and I’ve bought some accessories as well
I’ll just tidy up the desk 
I’ve bought the smallrig magnetic case and I’ve bought some tempered glass screen protector screen and lens protectors
I’m gonna be putting both of these on as well but I do have a use for this - I do actually vlog on this channel and over on my other channel the dad delivers vlog and I actually go vlogging with these cameras so that's why I’ve got this 
that is my lame justification for spending this amount of money on this 
there are links in the description so you can see how much this is right now if you wanted to buy one - hint!
wow this drawer comes open 
look it's telling you there to get the DJI mimo app and oh my goodness 
it's here it's finally in the happy hut
welcome to the happy hut by the way 
my name's Neil Mossey
I try to help high achieving creators and performers just like you to put things out onto YouTube here because I’m sharing my YouTube journey but I try to make these videos as vlogs
so I wanted this to clip to myself 
what all the YouTube videos do not convey is quite how small this is 
I can't really hold it up against the old (Action 1) 
should I hold it up?
should I do that? 
here we go - get rid of the camera let's bring it in here so there is... osmo Action and there is its little sister Action 2
so it's about the same height - let me unwrap this for you on this camera here
oh I’ve accidentally turned it on and oh my goodness it's on already!
helpfully there's a QR code in Chinese 
there's a screen protector here - further screen protector to peel off and a lens protector here 
take that off
now on the back it now says - maybe it's because I hit a button or something - it now says this in Chinese 
I’m going to hit the button is...
have you ever seen the film firefox? 
this might be too old for you
to be able to fly the Russian jet he had to think in Russian
I think I have to think in Chinese 
so now the Mimo app has seen two cameras so I’m going to hit connect 
I now have to open the... the screen pack - ASMR wrapping noises there we go 
oh this feels really nice and metal
this is what it looks like 
engraved DJI
I’m probably going to engrave my name on this 
I’m bound to lose it
there's a button on the side 
micro sd card slot and these clips so I’m now going to clip it on camera 
whoa!
I didn't even... I didn't even try 
it... I literally just held it near it and it just... Yoink! Went to it so I’m going to hold it near it - wow it just - it's like a little transformer! 
[VIDEO CLIP: WHOA OPTIMUM PRIDE! [TRANSFORMER NOISES]] 
that is my favourite clip on YouTube I don't think I’ll film anything as good as that 
[VIDEO CLIP: BABE! OPTIMUM PRIDE, THOUGH! [TRANSFORMER NOISES]] 
Because I’ve clipped it on there must be some residual power in here from DJI thank you 
I’m now going to click connect on my Mimo app and on here I have a verification code and now it wants me to sign over my life
all kinds of error messages 
there's probably some nice data mining going on
I don't care I just want my camera ah 
do you remember the days we could just buy a camera and turn it on?! 
oh all the data mining
DJI please 
activation successful - activate DJI Action 2
oh oh! it's making... it's an alarm 
it's just turned itself off!
this I guess is the overheating issue 
it says start shooting now but the camera has literally just turned itself off and this is the reality of opening up an Action2
brace yourself 
I’m gonna try and turn it on again see what happens 
okay there's obviously some warnings there in Chinese 
maybe I should have bought a fluent mandarin course instead of an Action camera 
no hey there we go!
hey there we go I’m on the I’m on camera three now!
hello camera three! 
so it says new firmware update so if I click on that 
on the camera it says this
it's getting really warm and I’m getting a groovy light show here
green and red 
update success
oh it's this has come to life now this is saying English
should I just hit record and see what happens 
here we go
and this is the very first file that I’m recording on my DJI Action 2.
I’ve got it running into my DJI mimo app there 
pointing it at myself galileo!
this is how it looks straight out of the box 
I’m very grateful that it's in English now not Chinese 
I’ve... I feel my language skills are a little inadequate 
this is not a bad picture and these are quite challenging lighting conditions 
let me show you my vlogging position here at the desk 
I’ve got my standing desk
sorry I’m talking a lot just so you can see what it's like - just to see what a Action2 recording looks and sounds like 
I could give you a 360 degree tour of the happy hut so if I press the button again now there's my sony zv1 camera hello
wow that is an epic shot isn't it 
and this is what it looks like - that's the view when you're standing in front of it 
that's 4cm - it's incredible, look at that
to give you a better idea of what the DJI Action 2 sounds like - this is what it's like outdoors and this is just the camera unit 
this is what the Action 2 sounds like with the second screen on 
which is also acting as a power pack
I’m also I’m walking away from the sun so I’ve got I’ve got really harsh back lighting here
I’m holding the camera as far away from me as I can on the selfie stick and maybe I can bring it closer 
and just for fun this is - for comparison - this is how the DJI osmo Action 1 sounds with just the built-in microphone on the camera
if you compare that with the Action 2 
this is a side-by-side test
I’ve got the Action 1 over here and the DJI Action 2 over here
this is what it sounds like on the Action one and I’m walking through some dappled shade with the trees 
and this is what I look and sound like on the Action 2 
and I’m holding it about uh an arm's length away uh from my face 
maybe I should hold it up there
uh maybe that looks better 
now this is what it looks like when you're wearing the thing using the magnetic lanyard 
let's cut to the camera now
you can see uh this is what the footage looks like 
I’m just walking at a normal pace and this is how it sounds 
I’ve just got the camera going I’ve not got the second screen on 
I have worn it with the second screen on but it does feel quite heavy so I’m not sure that's a good idea
should we do it? 
should I put the screen on and see if it falls off? 
okay so this is what it looks like with the screen attached 
this is how the microphone sounds
there are more microphones on this second screen but it... it... it feels quite heavy and it's... it's dangling quite a lot 
I’m not sure it's that discreet so you probably wouldn't be wearing it like this but this is how it looks and sounds anyway if I walk around for a bit 
it's probably rocking around a lot more because of that screen 
and as an extra bonus this is how the Action 2 sounds with an external microphone plugged in 
this is the boya by-m1 microphone
I’ll put a link in the description I’ve made lots of videos about this
it's been quite difficult to get microphones that aren't powered to work with this
even with using different adapters and things 
whoa it’s a crash cam!
just to compare the two this is how it sounds with a microphone plugged in and right here is a video I’ve made with all the accessories that I’ve got for this camera
and down here is a playlist for all my DJI Action 2 videos
shall I leave you with shot of the beach? here we go
can you please help my daddy get 10000 subscribers just click on his face thanks bye! all right this is going to be the proper one right.


Previous post...
Which countries pay MOST money on YouTube?


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!