Sunday 31 May 2020

London bus ride with my Dad: 168 Waterloo to Hampstead Heath TOP DECK VIEW in real time with my Dad



Took a 168 bus from Waterloo station all the way along the route to Hampstead Heath... with my retired London taxi driver Dad.

I grew up in Camden, and we drive past all the places we remember.

Funny looking at it now, as it was shot a few days before The Great Shutdown of 2020.

London bus ride with my Dad: 168 Waterloo to Hampstead Heath TOP DECK VIEW in real time with my Dad



1:23 Bus sets off from Waterloo station
1:31 National Theatre, Waterloo Bridge and Somerset House
2:25 The Strand, Aldwych Kingsway and Bush House
3:50 Holborn Kingsway, Holborn Underground station
6:30 Holborn Kingsway Tram tunnel
8:43 Russell Square: Imperial Hotel, Russell Hostel
10:55 Tavistock Square, Ghandi statue, BMA and remembering the terrible thing that happened there in 2005
13:35 Remembering the Double Six Cafe used by London taxi drivers in Eversholt Street
12:30 Euston Station, crossing Euston road
16:20 Mornington Crescent, Camden Palace or Koko
17:20 Camden High Street, remembering the shops, like the Woolwich Building Society that always got held up
20:15 Camden Town Underground station junction with Parkway
22:20 Hawley Crescent, over the bridge past Camden Lock, Hawley Arms
23:00 Clarence Way and Harmood Street, past Camden Lock stables
24:25 The Roundhouse and Chalk Farm station, remembering Marine Ices, The Enterprise and past Mum's old school, Haverstock school.
27:40 168 bus heading back to Waterloo with the wrong destination board.
29:40 Belsize Park station and shops
30:20 Rosslyn Hill cab rank where London taxi drivers take a break
31:00 Where do taxi drivers use for toilets?
32:35 Pond Street: The Roebuck where I had my first drink, opposite the Royal Free Hospital.
34:00 South End Green, the terminus for the 168 bus route!

Previous post...
OLD vs NEW: URBANEARS PLATTAN 2 two years on, headphones review!


All about me, and getting these by email.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Try my previous book!

(UK) (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!