Tuesday 26 May 2020

15 mins folding my T-shirts Marie Kondo KonMari method | TIGHTWADDAD (SELF-HELP DAD?) VLOG



Trying something new every day.
Today it's showing how I Marie Kondo fold my T-shirts.
In real time. For 15 minutes.
It started a few days ago where I made a homemade DIY face mask video: https://youtu.be/e9iFYewJS1k

I'd pulled out all my T-shirts, so filmed myself putting them all back again, showing how I use the KonMari method for folding Tshirts.
BUY THE MARIE KONDO BOOK FROM AMAZON HERE! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2WSdSjk
AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/2T5sjzg
(I earn a commission if you use this link, at no cost to you!)

15 mins folding my T-shirts Marie Kondo KonMari method | TIGHTWADDAD (SELF-HELP DAD?) VLOG


0:00 How to fold a T-shirt using Marie Kondo method of standing them up in the drawer
1:33 Should I call this vlog #TightwadDad or Self-Help Dad? - leave a comment below!
0:45 I was on the BBC News At Six on Tuesday 12 May 2020, 30 minutes in...
2:00 Man folds T-shirts for 10 minutes... T-shirt packing tutorial, KonMari style!
Fold in the sleeves, then fold lengthways down either side of the collar.
Then fold the Tshirt in half, and half again. Stand the T-shirt up to see if the folds are correct.
13:20 When packing the Tshirts into the drawers, move dark colours towards the back and lighter T-shirts towards yourself

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)
This is ten minutes of my T-shirt, KonMari method.
My Marie Kondo - with these.
You're gonna watch for ten minutes? Okay!
Guess we're doing this...

THIS IS A TRANSCRIPT - CLICK ON THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE!


Hello I'm Neil welcome back to the happy hut.
Usually I'm a tightwad dad, trying to be happy with what we've already got.
Which is what the words show.
But we're in the great shutdown of 2020, and I'm just questioning everything at the moment. I'm just trying to get through the day by coming up with trying out something new every day.

I made this video the other day, ah, where I'm trying to make a face mask out of my t-shirts, and it went really well.
It went so well two days later BBC News tweeted me and asked if they could use a clip on the BBC News! News at Six.

[CLIP] "Using anything from old t-shirts to bedding sheets...
Two of these guys are going to get the chop - quite literally.
[REPORTER:] This dad from Hampshire tried making a t-shirt mask for himself on his YouTube channel.
My ears aren't coping very well with the elastic bands.

So I'm on telly! And the video is on BBC One!
National British BBC One, which is fantastic!

Today it's kind of related to that because I'm going to be Marie Kondo -ing my t-shirts continuously, 13 minutes in real time - and it made me think!
Should I call this thing something else?

There's a poll on the screen - I think it's that side:
Should I carry on calling this vlog the tightwad dad vlog, where we're trying to be happy with what we've got... or should I call it something else like "self-help dad", which it's a bit wet.

I don't know is it? Tell me.
Tell me in the comments: should it be tightwad dad or self-help dad?
One feels more positive which is probably why it is not quite as catchy?

There's something about tightwad dad that I really like that it's actually true to the position that we're in.
But anyway - today is trying something new.
Marie Kondo 'ing all my t-shirts on camera in real time.

Guess I've got to put all my t-shirts back together again.
This is ten minutes of my t-shirt konmari method - my Marie Kondo - with these.
You're gonna watch for ten minutes?

Okay!
By the way, what do you think about my interpretation of the konmari method?

Leave a comment below!
I'd like to know if you have any tips or an opinion on how I'm doing this.
What do you think?
Leave me a comment below, I'd love to hear from you just to say hi.

And if you made it to the end - I don't think that anyone made it to the end - but if you did you could prove me wrong by clicking on the thumbs up, that would be really cool or if you're feeding even kinder why not hit the subscribe button.
Trying to get to 10,000 subscribers and I think this is just the kind of video that's goona - that's gonna send me all the way to 10K.

So thank you but-- but this is another video... and my face... if you click on that you can subscribe. Thanks for being there. Appreciate it.
Can you please help my daddy get 10,000 subscribers. Just click in his face. Thanks bye! Alright, this is gonna be the proper one, right?

Previous post...
MADE DIY FACE MASK from T-SHIRT first time in supermarket TIGHTWAD DAD VLOG @neilmossey


All about me, and getting these by email.

Try my previous book!

(UK) (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!