Sunday 7 June 2020

HOW TO ENGRAVE A MACBOOK PRO



I've been wanting to engrave my name on stuff. I don't know why.
On the surface, it looks like sensible property marking, so my stuff can be returned to me.
But its probably more to do with hoarding, and making things permanently mine.

Had a go at engraving a Macbook Pro. On the one had it'd help it be returned to me if I ever lost it (We're in shutdown at the moment, so would be grateful to go somewhere to possibly lose it).
Will it damage the hard drive inside? Or the Pro Retina screen?
And where's the best place to engrave?
Follow along with me in real time as I give the engraving a go.

HOW TO ENGRAVE A MACBOOK PRO



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)
Now I flip the MacBook Pro over - I'm going to engrave my name on the back of this precious Apple object
I've written my name before in marker pen and it's just rubbed off over a matter of weeks
So I'm going to engrave my name now

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

I think this is gonna be easier than the than the drive.
Though, obviously there's a drive in here as well...
There's glass, there's electronics...
Right here we go - better get started
So I think we're gonna do it in the middle underneath the model number
[ENGRAVING NOISES]

Now when you go sideways it skips all over the place
[ENGRAVING NOISES]

It helps if you use the the side of the ball, rather than writing straight down
[ENGRAVING NOISES]

I'll just blow this outside
You know I'm quite happy with this
It's come out quite nicely

The font could be better, but it just feels like I've etched it enough for it to be a problem if someone nicks it and wants to pass it off as theirs
I'll hold it up to this camera, see if that's any better?

Catch the light...

So that's how it looks - and like I say, I didn't go too deep into the case because I'm worried that I'd damage it
I could probably go deeper than this but I just don't feel that comfortable

I hope this test this experiment has helped you or given you the courage to engrave a precious object of yours
What precious objects of yours will you engrave?
Leave a comment below I'd love to hear what objects you've engraved or you'd like to engrave maybe I could do them here on the channel?

Because I seem to get better each time I do this
If you've reached this point on the video thanks for watching
Why not let me know that you reached this point by hitting the thumbs up or even better if you hit subscribe it helps take us closer to 1000 subscribers when YouTube starts to pay for these videos

I'll take these off
That'll be really kind of you, so thank you if you do manage to do that
I'll see you in the next video!
Can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on his face.
Thanks, bye!
How's that?

Previous post...
Mugged by squirrels WATERLOO TO VICTORIA sort of London real time walking tour


All about me, and getting these by email.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Try my previous book!

(UK) (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!