Monday 30 May 2022

How to GET PAID on YouTube



Finally hit 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours watch time on my Dad Delivers Vlog YouTube channel! But how long does it take to become monetized and earn money on YouTube?
I walk you through my entire process, step by step, to qualify for Google Adsense ads on my YouTube channel.

How to GET PAID on YouTube? I hit 1000 subscribers!



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

Dad Delivers vlog you are now a YouTube partner

hello welcome back to the happy hut and oh my goodness look at this! 
I’ve done it! 
I just hit 1000 subscribers over... over here 
look this is my other channel - it's my experimental YouTube channel - the Dad Delivers vlog 
you can see its 1000 subscribers and actually if we go into my dashboard in YouTube studio you can see it's 1001 subscribers 
it's creeping up 
what happens at 1000 subscribers? 
I’m going to chart my journey - I’m going to share with you - take you inside my channel and show you exactly what YouTube does when you become monetized 
it's Sunday morning here in the UK 
it's the 22nd of may and at 7:40 this morning I went over the 1000 subscriber mark 
it's Sunday morning so you can probably hear all my neighbours mowing and I don't care 
I just want to show you exactly what happens when you go through the threshold of requirements that you need to become monetized right here on YouTube 
now I’ve done this before - on this channel that you're watching right now I... 
I hit 1000 subscribers in March 2020, and after I did that I wanted to niche down 
so I created some other YouTube channels to see what would happen and to move videos off of this channel so that this channel could become niche 
it's taken about a year and a half for the Dad Delivers channel to creep over the 1000 subs mark but you probably want to see what happens next 
how does YouTube invite you to join the YouTube partner program? 
so the first thing we need to do is to go to the tab on the left hand side - monetization - and the grow with YouTube page that's been sat there for about a year and a half is now showing right now 1001 subscribers 
I’ve got 8000 watch hours so that's good 
you can probably hear my kids on the trampoline in the background 
I’d like to think that they're celebrating this with me but there's this big blue button down at the bottom “apply now” 
we've... we've got to click it right?
so now these three steps look like this 
we now have all of these start buttons - so the first step that's been released is review partner program terms so I’m going to click start on there 
I am going to tick this box and then click on “accept terms” 
done 
now step two is slightly confusing for me because it says sign up for Google AdSense 
I don't need to do that because I’m with Google AdSense right now for this channel that you're watching right now 
but it does say that you can use this step to connect an existing Google AdSense account to my channel 
and it says you will be directed to AdSense to complete this step 
do you have an existing AdSense account? 
I’m going to select yes I have an existing account 
now it puts a warning here which is that you are only allowed to have one Google AdSense per person 
you can get kicked off the entire AdSense program by having two accounts - and here's a tip from me - if you are thinking of becoming monetized and you're trying to get the 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours watch time 
sign up to Google AdSense right now 
I would get all of that verification out of the way 
it can take up to about two weeks 
I’d do all of that now before you hit the 1000 subscribers 
you're already linked to an existing Google publisher account 
Continue with this account or use a different account to connect to AdSense 
but I’m hoping that it will just work so I’ll go “accept association” 
and it's opened up this window 
redirecting you to your host 
yeah you're done and we scroll down to step three “get reviewed” 
in progress 
YouTube will review your channel to make sure it complies with the monetization policies we'll email you a decision usually within a month... now
[OFF CAMERA: Sorry, we’ve got to go now]
oh okay brilliant so I’ve got to now take my daughter to a 10k walk and I’ll let you know how long this takes I guess we'll do a time jump 
We have jumped forward in time but not by much 
my channel hit 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours on Sunday 
it's now two days later over here 
only two days and this is what my YouTube studio dashboard is showing me 
Dad Delivers vlog you are now a YouTube partner 
oh sound effects yes 
I didn't think I would make it 
I really didn't and if you are aiming to be monetized by YouTube why not say hi in the comments below or hit me a thumbs up because I know how hard it is 
what a grind what a slog it is to get through like one or two subscribers every day if that - to finally hit 1000 subscribers 
if this thing sitting here talking to you can get a thousand subscribers you definitely can 
let's see now what happens to the channel once you are in the YouTube partner programme 
there's a welcome video 
there is getting paid up in the top right hand corner here 
great job you've completed payment set up 
let's scroll down - monetization options - I’ve got video advertising and supers that's where fans can throw you some tips 
I have a more pressing thing to do and that is to monetize all my videos and I’m going to do it in a particular way 
if I go into analytics - ah there's now an estimated revenue box! 
how exciting 
I am going to monetize my videos in order of the most viewed 
I want them clocking up cash as fast as possible 
if I go into the “see more” this is what we've done in the last two days and last one hour so I’m gonna monetize these videos because I know they're bringing in cash 
so let's go into my best rated video 
“how to change a strimmer line” 
these are the analytics that I’m getting for my best rated video and you can probably see that it scoops up at certain times because people get the strimmers out and want to know how to work them 
and now when I go to monetization on the left hand side there - it's my first monetization question box! 
so if you've not done this if you've not reached 1000 subs or 4000 hours watch time you might be interested to see how to monetize a video 
so you get this pull down menu here - “on” “off” 
let's go for “on” and you have different types of ads 
overlay ads, sponsored cards, skippable video ads and non-skippable video ads 
everyone treats this differently there's no right way 
some people don't like to put overlay ads for instance because they don't want the ad blocking that place on the bottom of the screen 
others don't want to put it on just because they don't want to spoil the viewing experience 
I’m going to tick all of them because I put a lot of work into these videos and I want to maximize the amount of revenue from YouTube 
I actually did an experiment there's a link in the description below 
I put 13 ad breaks into one video to see what would happen and obviously I can't compare that with a like for like comparison - you don't know what the effect is - but overall the number of views didn't go down for me 
I think... I think if anything the watch time seemed to go up because people were committing to watching the video when an ad appeared 
let's go back to the list of my best performing videos and I’m going to speed this up and show you what it's like monetizing probably about 60 videos 
cue the fast forward!
[MUSIC]
if you want to know how much I earn each month from YouTube I’ve got a whole playlist dedicated to that 
I keep it up to date - I let you know literally month by month sometimes how much money YouTube throws my way having done this process twice now and I’ll let you know in that playlist how much this channel is earning


Previous post...
How to change FLYMO strimmer line: MINI TRIM ST trimmer string spool


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!