Thursday 20 August 2020

HOW I RECORD MY ZOOM VIDEO PODCASTS for YouTube | Neil Mossey Great British YouTubers Podcast 2020




How do I turn a Zoom meeting into a video podcast?
I show you step-by-step my guide of how to record zoom calls for podcasts on YouTube.
Basically recording the Zoom meeting on both sides, if possible, as well as the Zoom call itself, and I output my PC audio to my earphones and a splitter
Equipment lists below! 👇👇👇

0:00 How to record Zoom meeting for video podcast on YouTube
0:55 Tour of my home YouTube studio setup for video podcasts: Osmo Pocket
1:45 How I record my Zoom call audio for video podcast
2:45 Using a GoPro Hero 5 to record audio backup of Zoom meeting
3:55 Asking podcast guest to make local video and audio recording of the Zoom call
4:40 How I edit my Zoom meeting video podcast on Final Cut Pro

HOW I RECORD MY ZOOM VIDEO PODCASTS for YouTube | Neil Mossey Great British YouTubers Podcast 2020



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

How do you record a Zoom meeting for a YouTube podcast to get the best results for audio and video AND have a complete safety backup?

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

This is the Great British YouTubers Podcast with me Neil Mossey
Hello, really good to have you here for this episode because in this one we're going to show you - we - it's just me...

We're going to show you the very best way of recording a Zoom podcast while actually having a Zoom call here it is:

I'm recording myself right now in Zoom.

This is how I look and sound - there you are - this is how I look and sound off the webcam.
That's going into Zoom and I've set Zoom to record
Now I'm going to show you my setup, just to show you all the ways that I try to get the very best audio and video while also actually capturing whatever's happening on the conversation.

Let's get my phone - I'll show you what I am seeing... so i've got the Zoom call on my PC in front of me and on top of my monitor I've got a webcam so that the guest can see me.
So the Zoom part of the recording is, is all good, and in front of that I am recording locally as well to get the very best sound and picture in case the Zoom call breaks up or if the... the quality isn't so good.

Sometimes the sound is a bit muffled and a bit broken up, and the picture quality isn't the very best - this is and I can guarantee that I'm going to record everything on my side of the call with my Osmo Pocket right here

Down here you can see I have a microphone connection.
I've got four cameras going - I don't know which one to look at!
This is my good quality microphone so at least I know that I'm recording my side of the conversation at full high res - high definition quality.

Now I'm also recording a backup as well as recording Zoom call itself, and I'll click back and this is how I look with the conversation recorded locally at my end.
Let me show you what I'm doing with the audio.
Down here, this cable is my audio coming out of the PC and I'm splitting... I'm splitting the audio two ways

One side of that goes into my earphones - my little headphones - and I've got that... I don't know if I can show this: the camera on my back

I've got the earphones running up and I've actually bulldog clipped the the wire so that it doesn't just dangle in shot and I've got it tucked tight behind my ear and then the other side of the audio splitter goes through this cable here, all the way into my GoPro.

Now the GoPro I'm using just as a backup, just in case the Zoom recording fails and my camera fails
I've got this backup that's recording the audio in on two sides.
You can probably hear me on what, on the left hand side

That's because I've got a splitter here and I've got a microphone here just to capture me as a backup in case my camera fails.
And this side of the splitter going into the GoPro is the audio from the PC which is basically the other side of the conversation.
So I've got the Zoom recording being recorded manually on my camera here, and I've got this picture just in case anything goes wrong with any of this

I've got some kind of backup plan
So that's how my side of the conversation looks
What do you think?

Is this setup too cautious?
If I didn't have the GoPro back-up that's absolutely fine, but I would be relying completely on the Zoom recording and if anything were to happen to that then I would... I potentially might not have the other side of the call

What I do on top of this, because I work with some fantastic guests - they're so generous - I ask them if it's possible for the guest to record their side of the conversation
Even if it's just the audio.

It means that the episode sounds so much better because I'm getting the sound recorded at their end and not whatever the Zoom connection feels like it's giving during the meeting

So that means I have full high resolution local recordings at my end and at the guests' end and I have the Zoom recording to effectively sync up and back up that entire conversation

In the edit, what I do is I lay down the Zoom recording first

In Final Cut Pro, I put the two sides of the conversation together visually and put the two halves of the audio together in the edit

But if I didn't want to do that, just having two sides of the conversation recorded locally on audio is absolutely all you need to get a top quality podcast out of Zoom

What I can do with that video now, is lift the audio and release the audio as a podcast and I know that I've got absolutely the best quality podcast there
So that is my setup
That is how I record the Great British YouTubers Podcast

What do you think, is this a bit of overkill?
Would you do this for your podcast?
I'd love to know if you have any tips or tricks for recording podcasts via Zoom meetings and Zoom recordings

Leave me a comment below and if this video has helped you with your podcast set up please just hit the like button, just let me know somebody reached this point of the video!
It'd be great to see you and obviously if you hit the subscribe button you'll help me get closer to 10000 subscribers which is a huge help so thank you for being awesome and I'll see you on the very next episode of the Great British YouTubers podcast, thanks for watching.
Can you please help my daddy get 10,000 subscribers. Just click in his face. Thanks bye! Alright, this is gonna be the proper one, right?

Previous post...
HOW TO ADD CHAPTERS TO YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS | YouTube Tips Neil Mossey


All about me, and getting these by email.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Try my previous book!

(UK) (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!