Sunday 17 February 2019

LONDON TRIP: JOY VS MONEY #teamTIGHTWAD 013



We are #teamTIGHTWAD, and this day we found joy spending on...

- German supermarket chain supermarket shop.
Because we can’t think of anything better to do.

I think this might be the way to go forward.
Linking the actual JOY to the spending.

LONDON TRIP: JOY VS MONEY #TightwadDad VLOG 002 | Neil Mossey


[LOUD MUSIC] Hello, I'm Neil Mossey I'm from #TightwadDad.
This is gonna be a weird video.
I've come to London today.
I'm shooting this on my phone, I don't even know if it's in focus.
I'm going to log what I'm spending today - so my family gets to see what I do.
[LOUD MUSIC] So the first thing I spent on, was this.
My train ticket.
£23.30.
I guess I can put that up on the screen, the amount of JOY it brought me?
Probably 9.
Cuz look it brought me here.
[LOUD MUSIC] It's a bleak day in London, my toe is still bust, let's have a look.
I'm just hobbling around town with this.
I've borrowed a sock from my Long-Suffering Wife.
The outer sock is fluffy - white stripey one.
But where I'm going next is somewhere very special.
[LOUD MUSIC] Yep it's one of these - they've got some kind of computer problem, so the restaurant's nice and empty.
I know my son will be really jealous but honestly, the JOY was about 5.
Gonna find somewhere else to sit now, for one hour.
[LOUD MUSIC] So I'm going to a quiet area now, I don't
know if I'm going to be able to film.
I'll maybe sneak a shot.
"Doors opening" [SILENCE - PEN SCRATCHING]
[LOUD MUSIC] Okay so that was free because I've already paid and the JOY is about 10 - that was really nice.
Now I'm gonna cross the river again... one more time.
I've got to be in Tottenham Court Road by 3:00 for a meeting.
[LOUD MUSIC] Time for a bus now because I can't walk up there.
I don't know how much this is gonna cost.
[LOUD MUSIC] So there it goes.
TEN.
The JOY there was 10.
I've got 5 minutes to spare so I timed that really well.
[QUIET TAXI STREET SOUNDS] So the meeting went well, it's now half four.
There's a taxi protest here.
It's really eerie, it's so quiet!
Now I'm going over to finish my evening.
[LOUD MUSIC] So I'm here with my friend Rob.
We're gonna have food!
[LOUD MUSIC] So the cost was high, but the JOY was 11.
It was gorgeous.
But, if we take the total and add all the JOY up.
Divide the JOY so I get an average JOY - the figure comes out at THIS.
£42.79 JOY 9.
I'm trying.


As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Try my new book!


Previous post...
Should we spend less money on WHAT? #TightwadDad 012


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!