Tuesday 4 May 2021

Can you REALLY vlog with Sony ZV1 camera? My Brighton ZV-1 vlogging test



As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
BUY SONY ZV 1 CAMERA HERE:  

Can you REALLY vlog with Sony ZV1 camera? My Brighton ZV-1 vlogging test!



(AMAZON US:)(AMAZON UK:)
(AMAZON CANADA:)(AMAZON DE:)

0:00 Can you REALLY vlog with Sony ZV1 camera? My Brighton ZV-1 test!
0:55 My Nan was stationed here in The Grand Hotel as a WAAF for the Australian Royal Air Force in WWII... https://youtu.be/SNmphjk9u5E
1:17 My worst YouTube shooting moment
2:00 Brighton has the highest density of YouTubers on Earth, maybe I'll bump into Zoella, Alfie Deyes, Mary Spender, Cameralabs or Pewdiepie!
2:58 My Sony ZV-1 camera rig for vlogging: Chromlives hand grip, Rode Lavalier Go lapel mic, Comica Mini Deadcat windshield. And my merch which is dwarfed by Linus Tech Tips merch logo.
3:36 Shooting behind the scenes with my DJI Osmo Pocket camera
4:05 Bumping into Gordon Laing from Cameralabs - an actual Brighton YouTuber! And trying to find where PewDiePie lives.
6:30 Boho Gelato ice cream shop in Brighton - fantastic place!
9:30 Walking around Brighton Pavilion trying to not get told off for filming.
10:58 Sony ZV1 Camera FINAL VERDICT on the vlog test 

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

I’ve come to Brighton to see if I could find any vloggers or YouTubers have you ever met any? 
Well I’ve met Alfie Deyes before...
[MUSIC]

Can you actually really vlog with a Sony ZV1 camera?
I know that Sony says that it's a vlogging camera and some of the YouTube reviews - they might have like one or two shots of someone walking like this but can you actually shoot a whole vlog on it?

I haven't actually seen someone actually shoot a real proper vlog on a Sony ZV1... well for a start I’m in the UK so I call it a ZV-1 
and I get more money from viewers in the United States so I think I should call it the ZV 1.
[MUSIC]

And I found out in one of my other YouTube videos - there's a link here and in the description - but my 
Nan was stationed here during World War II.
Not just stationed here but stationed like literally HERE in the Grand Hotel.
She was a WAAF working for the Canadian air force and... and worked right there all the way through the... well most of the way through the second world war.

That was a car crash interview.
I remember there was one point in the video where I asked my Nan how did she find out that she was pregnant: thinking that was asking about what the procedures were like in World War II for... you know... how do the doctors inform you.
But she actually said:

[ME IN VIDEO] How did you find out did... did you get to go to the doctor or...
[NAN] Well, I must’ve known I missed a period. I think that had been the first sign.
It wasn't quite the answer I was expecting and I’d never heard her say anything like that before or since but I was really glad that she chose to do that on my YouTube video! 

The other reason I’m here - by the way I’m wearing the sunglasses because it's bright sunshine but also to get that whole vlogger vibe... 
Brighton has the highest density of YouTubers and vloggers per square metre than anywhere else on Earth 

I mean basically you could throw a rock here and hit a YouTuber.
I think only Santa Monica and Venice Beach in the states comes even close so I’m hoping to maybe spot a really famous YouTuber or vlogger while I’m here.

You know someone like Zoella Sugg or even though I haven't actually watched any of her videos...
Someone told me there's Alfie someone that might be here?
I think he's linked to her in some way?
There's my favourite music YouTuber Mary Spender maybe I’ll bump into her?
Or maybe there's my favourite YouTube photography channel cameralabs?

Hang on that's... that's not cameralabs!
That's... that's cameralabs!
And my son’s and the world's most favourite YouTuber: er... pewdiepie? 
Did I say that right?

Maybe I’ll bump into one of them if I walk around the town for long enough.
[MUSIC]
So this is my camera rig: 
I’ve got my favourite hand grip here - there's a link to that in the description - and you can see the cable hanging out.

That goes up a wire that goes up my sleeve and it's connected to this...
it's the Rode Lavalier Go with a Comica mini deadcat windshield on it.
But you probably can't help noticing my merch.
I mean my worry is that the logo is just too damn big.
Then I saw Linus Tech Tips, have you seen his merch?

Look at the size of that!
I mean that basically dwarfs my little effort at a logo.
Now the reality of filming this - this vlog test for the Sony ZV1 camera - is I’ve got to actually hold another camera over here.

This is my DJI Osmo Pocket so I’m actually walking around town with... with two cameras stretched out from my arms. Hello! 
Maybe I should have called this video how to shoot a behind the scenes vlog test of the Sony ZV-1 on a DJI Osmo Pocket?

So my long-suffering wife said that American audiences might actually like to see British backgrounds at... oh uh excuse me are you are you camera conspiracies?!
Sorry no you’re cameralabs! 
This is it's-- it's Gordon Laing! I’ve found a vlogger! 
I found an actual - not vlogger but a YouTuber!

If you throw a pebble in Brighton you will hit a vlogger!
Everyone you can see on this beach is currently planning their next YouTube video.
It's Gordon Laing from cameralabs... can I ask for some free camera advice that like everyone who watches your channel gets?

Sorry, I should be socially distancing but the... the wide angled-ness of the lens isn't...
It... it doesn't help with the social distancing.
Is it the ideal camera for vlogging now?
Because you're so far away you won't get any audio! 

I know I’ve now turned my arm into a mic boom as well! 
It's really hard vlogging in Brighton isn't it? 
It is by the sea, it's a big challenge especially as there's a constant breeze, so you do need wind mufflers on the microphones.
No we're going for an ice cream oh okay... oh it's just here yeah... yeah.

This is the same place that was on the front but obviously this is the main one and the other one was shut.
So I’ve got to fill eight minutes to get the mid-roll ads from YouTube...
Nothing cynical about this content! 
No and this is... this is great but how many.. is... are there any good places... are there any good places where I could find some YouTubers? 

In Brighton?
Yeah where would you... what do you think would be the... the best... apart from the beach where I’ve met one.

I would say in front of some cool looking graffiti probably - cool looking street art.
Always think about your backgrounds when you're vlogging right?
I think I’ll need to subtitle this bit! 
Well it doesn't matter what I say!

Where would the vloggers hang out?
Good question. I would say that the ones who are... not many people do them outside anymore because obviously when you reach a certain level of fame, you don't want to be bothered doing your work.
So the really big ones are just doing it from home aren't they?
So you need to find out where pewdiepie lives and knock on his knock on his door.

I’m sure he'd love to see you.
I don't know if you can see this behind me but this is pewdiepie's new house being built.
It's quite impressive.
I think the top four floors were built just with Google AdSense revenue alone. 
You're getting one, aren’t you Neil. 
I am.

I’m treating you!
I’ve come to Brighton to see if I could find any vloggers or YouTubers...
Oh really?
Have you ever met any?
Well, I met Alfie Deyes before.

I had to explain to him earlier who that was.
Oh really?
So now he can go: “Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah!”
Yeah, they’re usually down on the... South Laines is usually a good spot.
Oh is it?!
Or Palmeira Gardens?

No, Pavillion Gardens even.
You didn’t tell me about those places!
I thought we could go there with our Ice Creams!
Result!
Anything else?
Whatever he wants.

You get told off for filming in the Pavilion Gardens.
I’ve filmed that before and they--
You get told off for everything in there.

They’ve got that automatic telling-off machine.
“STOP HAVING FUN.”
And you’re like...
It’s true. It is true.
“MOVE AWAY!”
No no, this is great... this is great intel.

That’s good advice.
It’s good advice.
Good advice.
Are you having a nice day then?
Yeah it's brilliant! It's the first time I’ve travelled in a year 

Oh really?
So anywhere that's not in the house is... is a treat but yeah, it's a good day thanks!
It’s a nice day as well, so that’s a win.
Yeah.
There we are. Thank you so much.

Thank you!
Gordon's channel is doing really well at the moment so he's getting the ice creams.
I can stretch to an ice cream!
Do you take American Express?
We don’t sorry. 

NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU NEIL!
Thank you so much!
Have a nice day, thank you!
[MUSIC]
Wow that's good advice.

That's good and... and crucially I think that filled up another 30 seconds of the... of the video, so that's good and I’ve got some... a bit of food photography in there.
What flavour have you got?
I went for berry burst.
Have you had it yet?
No, no

That's really good - yeah that tastes exactly like carrot cake 
Oh my gosh 
Which is fortuitous because that's what it is 
It's like they've just kind of got a carrot cake... 
stuck it in a magi-mix with some vanilla ice cream and served it which is all you want really! 

That's a great idea 
Sadly your Paperchase... which is just up here 
oh yeah 
Where Neil buys all of his development notepads... 
Yeah my yellow pads! 
...is no longer here.

Well Gordon you could have broken that news to me more gently!
It’s a victim of The Vid 
Ah... The Rona got the Paperchase 
Sorry Neil.
Oh man - they haven't even put up like, you know, where the nearest one is.

Oh man.
Still ice cream eases the pain.
...Two grand for a puppy.
Anyway this is... this is the place that the very nice ice cream shop lady 
- this is good ice cream 
It's an excellent ice cream.
I should have taken a shot of the shop shouldn't I.

I’m sure there's some branding in there.
Boho Gelato - look on the front of the ice cream: they print it on the front.
Oh that's clever 
I’ve eaten my-- 
You've eaten your logo 
-- My brand integration 
He looked a little bit like Romesh Ranganathan!

Really? I thought he was gonna tell me for filming so--
No they do! They do.
I’m going to do some secret filming to see if we can find some Brighton YouTubers here.
So Neil - yeah - just go really close to the Pavilion 
Yeah?
Yeah.

I know... is there some kind of alarm?
No nothing will happen - just... just have a closer look, it's a very interesting building 
Built by the Prince Regent.
Yeah - George IV.
But why do you want me to go over there?

Because I think you're missing out on some of the detailing which would look nice in your video - just have a closer look
What are you afraid of? 
Okay I can't... I’m not allowed to go close to the pavilion 
Why not?

You think I’ll get a better shot if I go closer?
Much better
I’ll just be over here distancing myself from you.
At least the uh the monitor is quite useful for this
Always remember your bonus content for your Only Fans 
[LAUGHTER]

So what's it like using the Sony ZV1 camera out and about vlogging?
It... I feel a bit self-conscious I had to admit and having the... the monitor on the side just makes it just that little bit more obvious - it's like I’m holding this big matte black cross.

And you've got to hold it quite high.
It's basically like goose stepping down the street with the arm stretched aloft.
My battery's dead.
It's only like 4:30. 

I think YouTube has put some ad breaks in the middle of this and I even bumped into someone who has 190000 subscribers so I think I’ve managed to hit all three challenges in this vlog and leave a comment if you want to see anything else from this camera when I’ve charged it up again.
Thank you Brighton.

Previous post...
Best teleprompter for Sony ZV1 camera and Zoom? Ambitful mini budget prompter + Parrot app! REVIEW


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!