Sunday 14 February 2021

Get discovered! YOUTUBE CREATOR ACADEMY COURSE EXAM #2



I'm taking every YouTube Creator Academy course and taking the exam LIVE on here every week through 2021. 
This week it's the second exam: "Get Discovered" and the link to the course is here: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/course/get-discovered?hl=en

Get discovered! YOUTUBE CREATOR ACADEMY COURSE EXAM #2



0:00 Get discovered! YOUTUBE CREATOR ACADEMY COURSE EXAM answers #2
1:00 What do you call the combination of title, description, tags, and thumbnail?
1:30 What characteristics should you consider when finalizing your title?
2:25 Creating misleading titles, thumbnails and descriptions is a great way to get your videos discovered.
2:40 How can you keep your “What to Watch” & “My Subscriptions” sections active?
3:25 To attract viewers you want to create the perfect thumbnail. What advice would you follow?
4:30 When crafting your title, where should you include relevant and descriptive keywords?
5:05 Series playlists facts!
5:40 Which feature would you add to your video when speaking a call to action on screen?
6:05 What’s a benefit of creating playlists?
6:35 Where can you go to see which keywords viewers are using to find your video?
7:00 YouTube may remove videos that violate Community Guidelines: True/False
7:15 What is a benefit of organizing videos into sections? MY CHANNEL PAGE SECTIONS VIDEO IS HERE: https://youtu.be/0jDJa-rtXPs
8:10 What would you NOT use in an image that encourages viewers to click on your thumbnail?
8:45 Why would you want to avoid clickbait in your thumbnails and titles?
9:20 How do advertiser-friendly thumbnails and titles affect monetization?

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

And there's a big countdown to us starting the quiz 
hello I am doing... I don't know why but I am doing every single YouTube Creator Academy course and here's what they look like 
there are 41 courses and at the end of each one there's a course exam 
I am going to do one every single week this year in real time on here so that you can follow along and play along with me and today it's course exam number two 
it's the second one 
I'm doing get discovered 
we've got search and discovery 
effective thumbnails and titles 
smart descriptions 
cards and end screens 
uploads playlists and collaboration 
Hello I'm Neil Mossey and I'm a development producer helping high achieving creators and performers just like you to-- let's do a double one -- to get ideas out of your head and out onto here on YouTube, to make the world a happier place.
So the clock has hit zero I'm in the game show mood 
I've got my London Weekend t-shirt on let's get the other music going!
question one what do you call the combination of title description tags and thumbnail search data 
metadata 
video data or channel data 
now we're just going to play along but if you feel strongly about any of the answers put them in the in the comments 
for this one I'm going to go for metadata let's try that and I'll hit next 
the Creator Academy course doesn't give you uh any kind of validation or answer as you go along and it just tells you at the end whether or not you've failed or passed so fingers crossed 
let's uh let's not mess this one up 
question two you've created a new video about how to make the perfect tiara 
what characteristics should you consider when finalizing your title 
create the longest title possible 
more characters are always better 
include popular search terms even if they aren't related to your video because this will improve search results 
your title really doesn't matter if you have a fantastic thumbnail 
or keep your title short and relevant which one would you go for
I'm going to go for the last option keep your title short and relevant although I don't know you know... longest title means you can cram more good words in!
I'll hit next true or false this is question three 
creating misleading titles thumbnails and or descriptions is a great way to get your videos discovered true or false 
go for false 
next question four larry can't create a new video each week however he wants his subscribers to see activity on his channel 
what are some actions that larry can take to keep his what to watch and my subscriptions sections active 
I... I watch a lot of YouTube and I... I don't think I've ever seen what to watch 
have you seen it but put it in the comments 
maybe I'm being really dense and I've I've just not watched it 
how can you keep your what to watch and my subscriptions sections active 
like or comment on videos 
tweet out with a relevant hashtag 
upload daily even if it isn't the best quality 
or regularly change thumbnails 
I'm going to go with like or comment on videos 
I like doing that anyway 
say hello if you've got a channel 
say hello if-- we want to see your channel!
a third of the way through already this is--  
got a good feeling about this one 
I don't know what we win 
I'll think of something by the end of the 41 videos 
daria the diva has just uploaded a new video masterpiece 
I've got beavis and butthead in my head 
do you remember daria 
[BEAVIS VOICE] Dariiiahhh!
To attract viewers she wants to create the perfect thumbnail what advice would you give to daria 
be sure to include people in her thumbnail because that always results in more clicks 
be sure to use the thumbnail YouTube suggests because that one is always best 
be sure to use a custom thumbnail that is clear and compelling 
or be sure to include some text in the thumbnail because that will make it more click-friendly 
which one do you think for the perfect thumbnail 
I think I'm going to go for: be sure to use a custom thumbnail that's clear and compelling 
by the way I hate the thumbnails that I'm making for these videos 
please if you've got any ideas for them, put them in the comments because it's difficult 
there's a lot of text to get in 
I want to get me in 
there isn't a lot here to play with in terms of images 
maybe I should like wear a game show host outfit or something I don't know 
question six when crafting your title where should you include relevant and descriptive keywords 
at the beginning 
in the middle 
at the end 
or placement doesn't matter 
now I'm going to go for at the beginning because YouTube can truncate your title so I'm going to go for that 
question 7 of the 15. 
series playlists help inform the YouTube algorithm about the order in which to display content to a viewer 
series playlists can't be posted outside of YouTube 
series playlists can include videos from other channels 
and series playlists can be downloaded by the most active subscribers 
now I did the course for this course exam 
there's a link to it in the description below 
I wasn't up on series playlists about how they work so I'm going to go for the first answer 
series playlists help inform the YouTube algorithm which feature 
question 8 which feature would you add to your video when speaking a call to action on screen 
a card 
credits 
metadata 
or playlist 
which feature would you add to your video when saying a call to action on screen 
I would add a card like this one 
I'll add a card this is the video I'm feeling good about at the moment 
question nine what's a benefit of creating playlists 
playlists help to organize your YouTube analytics 
playlists allow you to organize your channel and give your audience a personalized experience 
playlists allow you to create personalized videos for your audience 
or playlists help you connect your adsense account 
I'm gonna go for the second answer: playlists allow you to organize your channel and give your audience a personalized experience 
stick with this we've got five more to go 
we can do this 
where can you go to see which keywords viewers are using to find your video 
traffic sources in YouTube analytics 
YouTube metadata 
google trends 
or the library 
where can you go to see which keywords viewers are using? 
I would go to traffic sources in YouTube analytics 
next question 11 
YouTube may remove videos that violate our community guidelines true or false 
yeah I think YouTube may review..? 
may review 
I can't say it 
question 12 final three 
what is a benefit of organizing videos into sections 
it allows you to change the contents of video after uploaded 
it increases total watch time for content on the channel 
it makes it easier for people to choose videos to watch 
or results in more subscribe to your channel 
it's always good when it results in more subscribe 
I think I think it makes it easier for people to choose videos to watch and I'll tell you why 
I've made a whole video about organizing videos into sections and I don't think most of us know that they're called sections 
I just call them rows of videos on my channel home page but if you want to add those rows to your channel just click on the link in the description or it's on screen now 
that was a fun one to make but I think I'm going to go for that one: makes it easier for people to choose videos to watch 
which of the following tactics would you not use to design an image that encourages viewers to click on your thumbnail 
adjust the contrast brightness and saturation levels to create pale images 
I do do that a bit 
consider adding your branding and or some descriptive text to the image 
upload high resolution files so images display clearly at all sizes 
or use the rule of thirds to compose interesting and dynamic images 
I think I'll go for the pale images 
penultimate question 
question 14 why would you want to avoid click bait in your thumbnails and titles 
THE TRUTH!
why would you want to avoid click bait 
this can turn away some viewers who find it unappealing 
this impacts how your video is recommended to new viewers 
this sets the wrong expectations about what's in the content 
or all of the above 
I think I'll go for all of the above as a consumer of clickbait 
finally last question how do advertiser friendly thumbnails and titles affect monetization 
only advertisers of specific products can run ads on mature content 
advertisers pay higher rates if you mention them in your video title 
advertisers can opt out of keywords that don't align to their brand 
or no advertiser would ever want to be associated with a controversial topic 
I am going to go for advertisers can opt out of keywords that don't align to their brand 
let's click submit 
quiz complete 
how did you how did you do? 
leave me a comment let me know 
are these questions easy, hard? 
now unfortunately it doesn't tell me which questions I got right and which ones I got wrong but it does say that I've done it 
I've got a letter of completion 
hey I've got my other one this is my letter of completion from last week 
I actually printed it out 
you could hear me printing it out but I didn't show it on camera 
so now we've got two of them all of these course exams are on this playlist here 
and right here is what YouTube thinks you should be spending time on next!


Previous post...
NEW ZV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE! How to use ZV1 as webcam USB streaming Sony ZV-1 camera latest version 2.00


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!