Sunday 25 October 2020

Find out how much ANY YouTuber earns | Is Socialblade accurate for my YouTube channel




How can you find out how much any YouTuber makes - any time, for free, right now?

Just put the YouTube channel name into socialblade.com!
It also works for finding out statistics and number of views and followers of other channels on Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok. 

Find out how much ANY YouTuber earns? Is Socialblade accurate for my YouTube channel?



0:00 How to find out how much any YouTuber makes? How to use Socialblade.com 
1:00 How to find out how much money other YouTube channels earn.
2:00 Socialblade statistics using PewDiePie as an example: Views, how many subscribers in the world and estimated monthly revenue earnings.
4:00 How to view Socialblade estimated YouTube channel revenue for another YouTube channel.
5:55 How to compare how much money a YouTube channel earns or makes each day or month? PewDiePie Vs Casey Neistat.
8:00 How accurate are Socialblade YouTube channel Estimated Earnings? How much money I earn each month on YouTube.

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!
Can you find out how much money any YouTuber makes on any day for free instantly right now? 
Yes I think I can! 

Hello I’m Neil Mossey, and I’ll show you this website which seems to have all of our statistics.
I’m a development producer and it's my mission to help creators and performers just like you to get ideas out of our heads and out onto here on YouTube where we need them.
And to prove it here's actual footage of me standing next to a monitor in a TV studio sometime somewhere working very very very hard.

So this is the website right here: it's called Socialblade.com 
I don't think you need to even create a login for it to work, and to show you how it works and how easy it is on the top right hand corner here there's a pull down menu so you can look up anything.
Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, we're gonna stick with YouTube.

Let's type in a random name... let's say pewdiepie and instantly it opens up a page for pewdiepie!
On the top banner - this is really humbling.
Should we be comparing ourselves to other people?
That's for a whole other video but let's take a look just in the very first statistic: the number of uploads is 4208!
4208! 
Oh my goodness.

Leave a comment below: should we be comparing ourselves at all?
Should we even be doing this?
I think we should.
We'll carry on.
It's better to be armed with information I guess.
The number of subscribers is 107 million.

It shows you the video views.
It takes a guess at the country that you're from.
I believe this might be incorrect, I always thought he lived in the UK?
And it's got a channel type.

I don't know how they guess the channel type.
I think it's from the largest number of categories that you have in your videos?
I make this channel “how to” but you'll see in a minute it lists me as “people” and the date the channel was created.

And down here, right these are where... oh my goodness... look at these figures.
So social blade gives you a grade and it has graded pewdiepie as A.
A grade, but only 260nd as their socialblade rank.
I’ve no idea what that is.

This is their own ranking system.
pewdiepie according to Socialblade is the fourth biggest subscriber in the world and his video views are 19th in the world.
So this is quite interesting - pewdiepie is first in the US.
Again, doesn't he live in Brighton and isn't he Swedish?

I’ll have to ask my 11 year old son.
But this is understandable it ranks him as first in the gaming category.
I thought DanTDM was there, maybe not.
Now we're going to be putting these statistics to the test in a minute but Socialblade tells you how many subscribers the channel has gained in the last 30 days and it takes a crack at estimating what the monthly earnings are for the channel.
So I guess this was the title of the video: how much does a YouTuber earn?
Socialblade uses its algorithm to take a guess at 556000 pounds per month for pewdiepie.
There are some other statistics here as well.
The number of video views for the last 30 days.
The total subscribers... now it looks like there are no subscribers on these weeks but that's obviously because when you're up at that grade.
Grade A - pewdiepie - the only figure that's released is a whole million.
Although it says zero subscribers in that time it's obviously going up in that time and it's not publicly released by YouTube as a figure until it hits the next one million subscribers.
So you can see how frequently he gains another million subscribers.
And from the monthly earnings it takes a guess at the estimated yearly earnings according to Socialblade.com their estimate is 6.7 million pounds.
I was giving it in pounds so you might not be watching this in the UK 

I wonder if we can change... there we go! 
I’m just pretending that I’m in the united states thanks to a vpn.
10 million dollars!
Socialblade estimates 856000 a month, 10.3 million dollars a year.

Now I don't know why on video views it goes down by 334 million views.
There was a glitch a few weeks ago and I think it might be because YouTube was doing some behind the scenes stuff and it does kind of make me feel slightly less confident on how... how sound these figures are, but I’m going to be testing them in a minute on my own channel so we'll see how accurate any of this is.

The next section on the Socialblade.com page is breaking down video views every day.
Well it does more than that - so we've got the data on the left.

We've got the number of subscribers that have gone up, but that only goes up by the figures that are released by YouTube.
We've got video views... oh my goodness so pewdiepie gets about roughly somewhere between five and eight million views a day! 
This figure next to the green video views is the total number of views ever so I think isn't that 26 billion views?

My maths are a little out and I get thrown by billions being a thousand million rather than a million million but I... I think that's 26 billion views in total.
And then on the right hand side this is... this is pretty interesting as well: the estimated earnings each day.
Socialblade estimates that pewdiepie earns about thirty thousand dollars per day.
The next section down is a nice curvy graph just to show you an idea of the monthly gained video views for pewdiepie.

Oh by the way if you want to try this out for yourself the link is in the description.
Don't go there yet - we're going to show you the compare function and I’m going to put my figures in and compare them with the reality of how much I earn so we can see how accurate any of these figures are.
The next cool thing you can do with Socialblade is this button right in the top right hand corner where it says compare.

We can compare YouTube channels and statistics.
So the channel we've already put in pewdiepie is in this first box here.
In the second box I’m gonna put in my favorite YouTuber Casey Neistat and we'll hit compare channels and instantly it lines them up against each other.
On the left we have pewdiepie in the gaming category, on the right we have Casey Neistat and on the people category and interestingly socialblade rates Casey Neistat as as b-plus!
Casey Neistat! 

Now it compares the two channels so pewdiepie is the red line on this graph.
This is for the total number of subscribers and along the bottom which is slightly more level than pewdiepie is Casey Neistat at a mere what 14 million subs? 
I know it's 12 million but you can see instantly the two channels lined up against each other.

The next section down is estimated potential earnings so it compares those estimates against each other.
Socialblade records that pewdiepie is on about 27000 a day whereas Mr Neistat our friend Casey is on 5255 a day which means monthly that's 833k against 157k and for the year whoa look at that! 
10 million dollars for pewdiepie and 1.8 million for Casey Neistat, and on the daily averages for views and subscribers there's another graph there.

But it is useful to see just so ballparky how a channel is doing.
I’ve obviously chosen two really extreme examples so he's on 1053 uploads.
Do you know what, of all the metrics of all the statistics on this page I think the only one that I’m looking at for me is the number of uploads.
Just the only thing I’ve got to concentrate on right now and the estimated daily earnings they kind of fluctuate around the seven thousand dollars per day mark.

But how accurate is that?
There's only one way to find out.

I’m gonna put me in the box to see how much money that socialblade thinks that I’m getting and maybe I should compare that with what I’m actually getting.
We'll be able to see how accurate this may or may not be, so here's my channel.
316 uploads 2.45 thousand subscribers so it took me two years to get a thousand subscribers it took me another six months to get the next thousand. 

I’m nearly just about to hit the one million video views so I should make a video about that shouldn't I.
Hey by the way if this video is at all interesting or helpful it would really help me and help others to find this if you if you give it a thumbs up and obviously you know how cherished your subscription is, if you hit the subscribe button.

I’m going to be making some more videos like this if you're finding them helpful so Socialblade I’ll keep my picture in there Socialblade has given me a grade of c plus.
“Could do better” 
Weirdly I got b plus back in February when I had a video that was doing crazy number of views.
1.1 millionth on the social blade rank in the world.

I’m three millionths in the most number of subscribers.
According to this I am the 77000th YouTuber in the UK.
So proud of that.
It's put my channel type as “people” which is a shame because I think for the last year I’ve been choosing “how to” for my videos.

Right now here's an interesting thing: it thinks that my monthly earnings are 171 a month.
According to my YouTube studio dashboard I’m pulling in 247 per month.
I don't know how representative my channel is and it really isn't - it's a very broken poor little channel - but Socialblade's estimate is that I earn 171 dollars a month and I I don't.
I do actually earn nearer 250 at the moment.
Yeah 247. 

So let's take a look at the daily figures over on Socialblade 
Right saying that my video views average about uh 1500 a day and that is that's absolutely correct 
Yeah this is pretty much what I get every two days at the moment.
That's 2800, 1400 a day and social... Socialblade have got those figures absolutely accurate. 

I don't know why it suddenly dropped 1700 on Friday.
I think there's some kind of data correction going on with YouTube at the moment which is why you get these weird negative figures.

The number of subscribers, this column here is absolutely accurate.
That is exactly what's going on I get about 10 subscribers every other day.
The estimated earnings - this is like the really crucial one and it's probably what's throwing off that monthly figure... social blade reckons I’m getting about six or seven dollars a day, but if I go over to my analytics in my YouTube studio I’ll run the cursor across and see every day I’m getting sort of about eight dollars.

Eight dollars, ten, nine, again lots of eights nines tens oh it's 12. 
So it's slightly off these estimated earnings, they're slightly lower and I don't know... maybe I’m getting a crazy cpm at the moment, or rpm the cost per thousand.
Maybe mine's slightly higher than socialblade. 
I’m certainly not getting 38 cents per day I’m getting nearer eight dollars a day.
So these figures are slightly off.

If you're monetized maybe you might want to have a look at socialblade let me know in the comments if this is slightly off for you too.
It'd be really interesting to know how your earnings compare with socialblade’s estimate of your earnings.

I know I shouldn't be doing this now - if I’ve hit the compare button because we type in Casey Neistat...
This is the only time ever my name will appear next to pewdiepie and Casey Neistat.
So in the left corner we've got c plus, Neil Mossey - we've got a b plus Casey Neistat and an a grade pewdiepie 

Look at this graph: I do not even get off the zero mark but if you do want to, you know, do some light psychological damage by comparing yourself to people who have made literally thousands more videos than you? 
Have Socialblade.com is exactly the place you want to go right now.
The link is in the description. 
Down here is my full story of how much money I’m earning at the moment and up here is what YouTube thinks you should be watching next!


Previous post...
I put 13 AD BREAKS in ONE YouTube video. How to add MID-ROLL AD BREAKS 2020


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!