Monday 30 March 2020

How NOT to claim South Western Railway Delay Repay | Class 442 smashed #TightwadDad VLOG



How NOT to claim South Western Railway Delay Repay | Class 442 smashed #TightwadDad VLOG



I know let's get this train.
[TRAIN WHOOSH]
Oh.
[MUSIC]

So this train limping away -- it's Monday the 17th of February -- got to the station, and things are running on time... even though there's a storm

And then I thought 'oh, I'll take a picture of myself with this nice old train from 1989, and er... oh look it's going very slowly and...' its front cab window was smashed.
This seems to happen quite a bit on these old trains.
I believe they're called Class 442's.

[TANNOY] This service is unsafe for us to continue.
This service will be terminating here. Would you all change please, all change.
I do regret to inform you again that this service is being terminated here. This is due to unsafe conditions to carry on.

Because the window was smashed by a tree, they've taken it out of service.
Some of us punishers... punishers?
Some of us passengers wonder how clever it is to introduce trains from 1989 through our line in 2020.

So anyway good job I took a picture because I've had my my compensation refused a couple of times.
So I'm gonna have to tweet this, which I don't like doing.
But erm... it's the only way I can keep track of the trains being taken out of service all the time.

So anyway this is delay we're facing at the moment - I'll screengrab it.
I guess we see what time we get to London and on what train!
That's the broken train!
The window looks better on this side - hey maybe we'll get a shot of it as it goes past!
[Music]

So I got here at 7 o'clock it's now just gone 8 o'clock and the next train looks as if it's coming into the station now
[Music]

Fingers crossed for this one.
Will it be 12 carriages or will it be 8?
It's South Western Railway bingo...
Yes!
It's 12 carriages. Oh that's a result - this is a good start to a Monday... an hour after it started
[Music]

Ah, I'm freezing - I can't feel my hands.
[Music]

[TANNOY:] Once again this service WILL now be calling at Guildford, Worplesdon and Woking only.

Okay, we've just been told that this train's being terminated at Woking.
So we'll see how long this takes.
[Music]

So this train - the first one through the blockage has been terminated early here at Woking.
They've told us to go to Platform 1.

I've got to record this, because the Delay Repay people - they'll refuse the refund, when they see that there was a next train - even though we've got to get all the way from Platform 5 over to Platform 1 in I think under a minute, so let's see how this goes...
I'm gonna keep the camera running just to show you how quick it takes to be terminated and detrained and find another train

[TANNOY: Please note the train will only be 6 carriages, so if you're not able to board the next train on platform 2, please remain on the platform. The next available train will be the 0924...]

Okay so the next train in is six carriages long, we're 12 carriages, so Delay Repay - the people at Delay Repay will block that payment because even though we couldn't get on the train.

[TANNOY]
"Please stand behind the yellow line please!"
[INCOMPREHENSIBLE TANNOY]

It's exciting twelve carriages down to six carriage train, let's see how this works out!
Yeah that would be full when it arrives yeah.
[TRAIN NOISES]
[PLATFORM STAFF SHOUTING]

Okay, it's gonna be a bit tricky getting on the next train.

[TANNOY]

There's 12 carriages of us trying to get on.
[TANNOY NOISES]

I know, let's get this train!
[TRAIN NOISE]
Oh.
[Music]
Ooh, this looks good.
[Music]

So it's 0957 which means I'm 1 hour 20 minutes late.

They'll blame it on the storm - but from here it looks like more to do with running a 32 year old train with curved windows not coping very well with a tree and terminating the next train through - the first train through that blockage - South Western Railway chose to terminate that that at Woking.

So let's see how the wonderful people at delay repay will reply with this one.

I'm sure there'll be an apology I'm sure there will be a good amount of compensation on my £118 ticket! Let's see what they come up with!

So I've put the claim in - hello by the way I'm Neil - thanks so much for seeing this through to the end...
Will I get some compensation from South Western Railway?
What do you think?

Leave me a comment below tell me what you think - tell me what your experiences are and down there I've also got a link for-- I'm just giving myself big shadows!

In the link below I've put the link - that's what it's called - to the southwest and delay repay site you can try this out for yourself.

But anyway I put the claim in - I think I've got that up on screen now and South Western Railway? Wailway?

South Western Railway sent me a refund on my £118 pound ticket - I got a grand refund of £5.91 pence.
Yes.

EXCEPT... then I saw in the corner of the email - wait a minute!

South Western Railway REDUCED my delay from 1 hour 16 minutes down to under 59 minutes.

South Western Railway just changed my delay!

I filled in all the forms, I presented all the proof, and the company just went...
"Nah. It's between 30 and 59 minutes."

Completely made up a time to avoid paying the extra compensation you get on 60 minutes and over.

So I click on the appeal button and I go through the appeal process where you have to fill in the form that you filled in the first place - from scratch - and I've recorded it for your viewing pleasure - you can watch along with me how good I am at doing this.

I wanted to make sure that I had all my facts straight which meant that I was too slow because I kept looking back at my photos and my tweets and my screengrabs and my videos I'm sharing with you here right now

But because I was doing that, this the appeal system just kept logging me out and every time you're logged out - you've got to log back in again and start again from scratch.

I don't know why we've got a login!
You've got to start from the beginning of your appeal - appeal - every single time you're logged out.
Uploading the tickets, and filling in the boxes, and then it hit me.

I've spent all this time on the delay, and the claim for the delay repay, and now the appeal for the delay repay.

I don't think South Western Railway wants to give me this few extra quid.

They're going to fight this against me to the death.

And my breath is taken away in admiration.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe South Western Railway will delight me with their response...

"Unsuccessful".
So your compensation won't be increased.

If you still believe we make the wrong decision after spending what feels like hours of your life on us, please get in touch!

Dear customerrelations@SWRailway.com

How are you?

Me?

I thought my 32 year old train with its 1980s stylish curved windows, smashed by a tree, was meant to arrive in Waterloo at 0841.

I thought you terminated our first train through the blockage, early, at Woking, with our full 12 carriages trying to get across three platforms to an already full 6 carriages.

I thought the next train I could physically get on was the 0919 from Yeovil... that was delayed.

And I thought that this train actually arrived at London Waterloo at 0957.

So I thought my delay was 1 hour and 16 minutes.

But actually I was wrong.

And South Western Railway Delay Repay is teaching me a valuable lesson.

South Western Railway is teaching me how to gain humility.

How to nurture patience.

And most of all... how to bend the laws of physics, space, time and dimension.

And I want to learn.

I want to learn good.

You are the champions.

You are WINNERS.

And you have completely beaten me.

I'm broken!

And a little bit... rinsed.

Or as your email nails it, "Unsuccessful".

Thanks again, it's been a blast.

Neil, kiss.
PS hope the driver is okay.
[Music]

If you have watched to the end thanks so much for being there, I really appreciate it and if I can help at all, leave a comment.
It'd be lovely to hear from you

If you could give it a thumbs up it might help some other people to see it and if you hit the subscribe button that also helps pump up my videos in YouTube.

You don't have to watch anything I make ever again, but every subscription is really appreciated.

Can you please help my daddy get 1000 subscribers just click on his face.
Thanks! Bye! How's that?

Previous post...
My South Western Railway week of delays! (and no repays) #TightwadDad Vlog


All about me, and getting these by email.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Try my previous book!

(UK) (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!