Sunday 11 June 2023

How to remove Biro from fabric armchair or sofa



BUY RUBBING ALCOHOL or surgical spirit HERE!
(As Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)

I got biro pen on our armchair. Would love to blame this one on the kids but it was me.
So how do you clean biro pen ink stains from off of a sofa or couch or armchair?
Or clean pen from a fabric sofa or other material? Here I remove the pen mark stain from our couch by using rubbing alcohol or surgical spirit. The trick is to dab the fabric at first rather than rubbing it, and clean the ink off with dabs onto tissue or kitchen towel. Hope this hasn't happened to you, but if it does - hope that this helps!

How I remove Biro pen marks from a sofa or couch



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

Hello, I'm Neil, and I don't know if you've had this problem, but I've got a really beautiful new armchair that's light-coloured fabric, and I've just-- 
I could blame it on the kids, but it was me. 
I've just got Biro pen on my light-coloured fabric.
 So, how do you remove Biro pen from upholstery, furniture, a couch, a light-coloured sofa? Yes, this is the Dad Delivers Vlog, where I try new things to make your family happy, and today I'm going to make the family happy by not ruining the couch. So, this is how I would fix it.
I'm gonna get this. This is called rubbing alcohol, or in this country, it's called surgical spirit. 
It's got a funny name that I'm gonna put on the screen now. 
What I'm going to do is, to get some tissue or kitchen roll—here we go, kitchen towel. 
Take a sheet of this, and then it's difficult to do this with one hand, but I'm going to put the rubbing alcohol or surgical spirit onto the tissue. 
And then, this is very important, we're going to dab this. 
We're not going to rub it, even though it's called rubbing alcohol. 
I'm just going to dab this very gently. Get the camera as close as I can to it. 
You can see immediately the kitchen towel is soaking up the pen. So, I'm just going to dab it, I'm just going to get pen off like this. You see, it's coming off. 
It is kind of making it worse by spreading it, but keep dabbing it.
And then, I'm gonna—I'm gonna rub it just to get it off. 
So, we've got Casper the dog in the background. Can you see the pen is coming off onto the rubbing alcohol, surgical spirit? 
Keep rubbing it. 
Also, it just happens, it does help if the ink is still wet, but this does work with dried ink as well. 
The great thing with the rubbing alcohol or surgical spirit is that it does dry by itself quite quickly. 
Let's do a time jump, and I'll let this surgical spirit dry. So, here we go. 
It is now five hours later, so it's completely dried. 
Let's have a closer look and see how it's worked out. I think... well, I hope that you can't see it at all. I've got a little fleck of it there, but it sort of merges in with the fleck of the sofa design. 
The only problem I had was that it actually cleans... it cleans the area. 
This area here is like a patch of clean, and all the rest - you know, where the dog has jumped up and we put our hands on it - it's still a bit dirty. 
So, it's a bit kind of discoloured, but only because it's gone. 
But only because it's gone to the original colour of the fabric. So, I think what I'll do is I'll just sponge down the arm, just to, uh, so it's all a bit cleaner, so it doesn't stand out. I hope this helps you with pen on your sofa couch. Leave me a comment down below if this does help, and here’s, uh, here's something that YouTube thinks you'd like to watch next. Can you please help my daddy get 10,000 subscribers? Just click on his face. Thanks, bye. This is gonna be the proper one, right?


Previous post...
Fixing my round wooden garden table


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!