Friday 4 June 2021

Easy way to get your own YOUTUBE CUSTOM URL! Even if it's not your channel name! 2021



How do you create a custom URL for your YouTube channel? 
How do you get your channel name into your personalized YouTube channel address? 
Can you get a customized URL for a name that isn't your YouTube channel name? 
And how do you change your YouTube channel URL?

That is a lot of questions, so I hope this video is the single answer! I change the custom URL on my own YouTube channel as a step by step tutorial so you can follow along.
I also show you a hack where instead of accepting the URL which YouTube automatically offers you, you can create (nearly) any YouTube custom URL you would like!


Easy way to get your own YOUTUBE CUSTOM URL! Even if it's not your channel name! 2021



0:00 How to get a YouTube custom URL: an easy to remember address name for your YouTube channel
1:57 YouTube channel Custom URL Step by step tutorial
3:00 How to get (nearly) any YouTube channel custom URL name even if it is not the name of your YouTube channel

TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

How do you get your very own YouTube custom URL?
I’m going to get one for my YouTube channel here... here it is right here.
This is my Tightwad Dad vlog channel.
Can you see down here, I have romped over 100 subscribers.
If you have over 100 subscribers you can do this too, right now.

Now just to recap, I’m sure you already know this, your YouTube channel has a permanent URL address that looks a bit like this one.
But obviously it's much easier for me to say you can visit my channel at YouTube.com/NeilMossey

Hello my name is Neil by the way, I’ll introduce myself properly in a minute, but I can put that custom YouTube address into my descriptions for the subscription link...
I could write it on a business card and hand it out at swanky parties.
I don't know what a swanky party is.
I’ve not been out for a year.

Basically I can use it to impress the people that I want to impress.
A custom URL is a flex... it's bragging rights... it's putting your name onto your YouTube channel.
It's stopping you feeling like you look like this...
to your channel being more in life looking like this!
I'm not sure that metaphor works but... but thanks for your help Casper!
[MUSIC]
Yeah I don't think he's going to stop.

So this... THAT is so going to get me demonetized.
I have this channel... this channel here that I want a custom URL for.
It's my Tightwad Dad vlog and that channel is doing so much better than this channel that you're watching right now! 
Hello by the way my name is Neil Mossey. 

I’m a development producer helping high achieving creators and performers just like you - high five - to get more videos out here onto YouTube to make the world happier.
Here's some actual footage of me at work.
No... that that really is the right clip.
But let's you and me right now make a custom URL and I’m going to go into studio.YouTube.com 
This is the place where you upload your videos.

If we open up the menu on the left hand side, I’m going to go down to customization 
This is how we can change the look of our channel.
You can see there are three tabs along the top here: layout, branding, we want to click on basic info. 
And right here third option down, “channel URL” 

But stick around because I’m going to show you some hacks so that you can get exactly the custom URL that you want for your channel.
So if we click on “set a custom URL” it gives me two options.
The first option is YouTube.com/tightwaddadvlog because that's the name of the channel.

It basically offers you only the name of your channel.
There's a second option - if I click the checkbox here - where you can add letters or numbers to the end of the address.
But what you can't do is change this word after YouTube.com 
But what if you wanted a URL that's a bit easier to remember?
A bit punchier?

Especially if your channel name is a bit long, or maybe you want a custom URL which is completely different from your channel name.
It's really easy to do this, there is a workaround.
So I’m going to change the name of my YouTube channel to “dad delivers” and I’m gonna hit publish, so if I go to the channel now and hit refresh...

Already that looks so much more positive.
What do you think?
Let me know in the comments below, but for the custom URL if I hit “set a custom URL for your channel” you can see I’m now offered “dad delivers”.

So if you want a different custom URL, change the channel name to the URL that you want, and then we'll hit publish and then I’ll hit confirm.
And now anything I change my channel name to is fine because I will still have YouTube.com/daddelivers 
Let's check now that this actually works, so what we'll type in is YouTube.com/daddelivers and it's taken me there! 
You can see it looks really tidy at the top: YouTube.com/daddelivers and now I can change my YouTube channel name to anything else.

I think you can only change it a maximum of three times every 90 days, but this is looking pretty good.
Let me know in the comments below if you managed to change your own custom YouTube URL and right here is something else that I do with my YouTube channel! 
Can you please help my daddy get 10000 subscribers, just click on his face, thanks bye! Alright this is going to be the proper one right?


Previous post...
How I hit my YouTube wall. And how you can fix it.


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!