Thursday 1 April 2021

RODE PODCASTER MIC VS SILVERCREST SWC1000 audio sample. APRIL TECH



Shot April 2021. I am so sorry. But at least we get to hear the RODE PODCASTER - full review, audio test and comparison here: https://youtu.be/nEjlN2RL9P8

You can BUY the Rode Podcaster USB mic here from Amazon!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)

I'm sorry this happened. RODE PODCASTER MIC VS SILVERCREST SWC1000 audio sample. APRIL TECH



TRANSCRIPT: (CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE)

THIS IS THE TRANSCRIPT - CLICK PLAY ON THE VIDEO ABOVE!

So which is best?
This is the budget SilverCrest SWC1000 and this right here is the Rode Podcaster Dynamic large diaphragm USB microphone. 
Now, I'm having problems at the moment with the SilverCrest, so let's get started with this: the Rode Podcaster.

Oh and by the way, my name's Neil Mossey and I'm a development producer helping high-achieving creators and performers just like you to get ideas out of your head onto here on YouTube to make the world happier.
But I also use microphones a lot. 
So I thought you'd like to hear how this microphone sounds up against the budget SilverCrest SWC1000. 

Let's enjoy some shots of the mics up against each other side by side. 
This is the SilverCrest: it comes in a fetching pink colour with a matte finish and this is the Rode Podcaster which is in a striking white. 
A glossy finish with stylish ribs on the side. 

As you can see on the body here the controls on the SilverCrest are basic. 
Whereas the Rode Podcaster which you're hearing right now basically only has one control.
This headphone volume dial so you can hear how you sound while you're recording. I love how the Rode Podcaster sounds even though I'm directing this to camera so I’m probably not using it entirely how its intended. 

I think you're meant to speak directly into this microphone. 
Does that sound different?
And it has this USB Connection on the back here. 
Plus this very reassuring LED light which is designed so that if you can't see the light then your head is in the wrong position for the best pickup. 
I've made a whole video about this microphone up against the lapel mic the Rode Lavalier go and the link to that video is in the description and on screen now.
At the moment, this is about $229 or a £180 here in the UK compared with the SilverCrest, which is £11.99 in the Lidl Supermarket here in the UK.
That's around $16. 

Now as you can see at the base here, it comes hardwired, which is causing me a bit of a problem. I can't seem to get a decent sound out of this particular unit. There are three output levels here and this kind of chill icon that must be some kind of filter. I'll just try it on a different setting... 
[NOISE]
Hang on... 
Am I reviewing... a --- hairdryer?
[HAIR DRYER NOISE]



Previous post...
My first time YOUTUBE MERCH with REDBUBBLE - Unboxing and review of Redbubble.com


All about me, and getting these by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment - I really appreciate it!