Friday, 3 November 2017

i HATE it when people say Alright? It's not a real question, is it? #DadDirt



A BUILDER passes another BUILDER on some scaffolding.

BUILDER 1
Alright?

BUILDER 2 strains to answer.

BUILDER 1
(KINDER)
Alright?

BUILDER 2
I... I never know what to say when someone asks me that.
There’s only one answer, isn’t there.
“Yeah.”

That’s it.
Anything else is too much.

“Alright?” isn’t asking after my health.
My outlook.
My physical or spiritual wellbeing.

So why ask it?

BUILDER 1
Look.
It’s just a tic.

Something I use to release tension when we’ve got nothing to say to each other.
It’s just a time filler.
It’s just to let you know that I don’t know what to say to you but I don’t want to say nothing.

BUILDER 2
Alright.
Didn’t want your life story.


Previous post...
How my daughter sees me as a man. In biro. And it's uncanny in every fault. #DadDirt


All about me, and getting these by email.