Friday, 30 June 2017

LIVE LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD. My new mindfulness course. #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
... you're still looking for ways to work with your kids.


I’m in the kitchen with my Long-Suffering Wife (LSW) waiting for my coconut milk to microwave.

LSW
You should release one. Make a mindfulness relaxation tape.

ME
Me. With my voice.

LSW
(genuine) Yes. It fits in with you wanting to help people being happier.

ME
So... it’s a funny mindfulness meditation practice?

LSW
No, it’s a proper one.

ME
But I know nothing about how to do that. Our daughter knows the words better than me (improv mindfulness track) “Now, finding yourself in a position on the floor or straight-backed chair...”

LSW
Hey, she could record one too.

ME
(lightbulb) No - that’s it! It’s her course to being happy.
I’ll get her to record a mindfulness meditation.
Who wouldn’t want a 6 year old telling them how to be happy.

LSW
It’s downhill from seven.

ME
Right. It’s the optimum age.
I’ve read them all. Choose Yourself, The 4-hour Work Week, The Power of Asking...

LSW
And she’d--

ME
...Unleashing The Giant Within, Show Your Work, Strengths Finder, Finding The Flow...

LSW
And she’d have the “daily routine”.
“5:45, wake up, go into Mummy and Daddy’s Check if they’re awake. Go downstairs. Turn the internet on. Open the freezer. Steal the Mini-Magnums.

ME
That’s just like Tony Robbins’ morning freezing plunge pool...

LSW
Daddy says I should stop watching TV and “be more creative”.
So I coloured in my Lego Friends duvet cover.

ME
“You’ve destroyed the duvet cover!”
“Destroyed? Or made better?”

LSW
Jazz up a jaded kitchen by colouring in the tiles.

ME
Keep inanimate objects as pets.

LSW
Here, I’ve made a fabric crab cage using the hair washing jug, 2 flannels and some bathwater.

ME
Aww man, I’m such a Mr. Toad.
This is my new thing.
I don’t know what to call it...
Mindful Like A 6 Year Old?
Unleash Your 6 Year Old Self?
Your 6 Year Old Self Plan?
LIVE LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD.

What do you think?


Previous post...
There’s a bird dying in our garden #DadDirt


All about me, and getting these by email.