Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Why are there more pictures of demolition on my phone than my own family #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...you know exactly how to waste your time.


Me and the Long-Suffering Wife (LSW) are on laptops at the kitchen table.

LSW
Two minutes?

ME
Yep. 7 months down to 2 minutes 9 seconds.

LSW
Play it again.

(Speeded up Waterloo Station Eurostar Terminal demolition Oct 2016 - May 2017 timelapse)



ME
(watching video) I don't know why I made it. It's just bits of the old Eurostar terminal sort of partly being knocked down. I don't know why I get my camera out every time I go past it. But I do. They've got posters up to tell the police if you see people taking suspicious pictures. This is suspicious pictures.

LSW
Like it's not all on Google anyway...

ME
I don't get paid for it. Maybe I spend all day trying to think up something interesting... my mind lashes out and gets me to video other people doing work.

LSW
Doing something useful.

ME
Beautiful isn't it. The men who call this up actually want to see this but can't be there themselves. Why don't women pull their cameras out everytime they pass a major construction project?

LSW
It's the exact opposite of a selfie.

ME
"Don't tell me that demolition didn't take place. I have got the videographic evidence right here."


Previous post...
Taking my son with the £1 coins back to the bank #DadDirt


A complete guide to my Dad Dirt is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.