Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Eyebrow flicker. What happens when you totally throw yourself into your Art. #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...you try to find new ways of finding bliss.


Me and my Long-Suffering Wife (LSW) are still at the table, still watching the laptop.

ME
Look at the bass player's eyebrows. Look at them go. It's at 1:14...

VIDEO PLAYS: Squeeze on The Andrew Marr Show, Cradle to the Grave, 10th January 2016



LSW
Oh yeah. Her eyes are really going up.

ME
Doesn't that happen to you, when you really get into something, it's like your eyelids spring up by themselves?

LSW
No. Never.

ME
And then I notice it, so I'm not fully into the thing and it stops.

LSW
I've just realised why. They've changed the last verse? That they're singing to the Prime Minister?

ME
(sings) "I grew up in council housing..."

LSW
So they all know what's coming up...

ME
So they're throwing themselves into their music.

LSW
Completely. All of them. They've decided it. Probably helped with the words.

ME
And all going out as a band, to sing it, on live television, giving it their best shot.

LSW
And that's why their eyebrows flicker.


Previous post...
Why are there more pictures of demolition on my phone than my own family #DadDirt


A complete guide to my Dad Dirt is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.