Monday, 13 March 2017

Putting SAD bulbs in street lights and 113-119 other #DadDirt ideas for my family



Every week I work on some thoughts to make my life happier.

It never does.

But if I keep doing this, then maybe they will get better.

So here's this week's Dad Dirt.



Monday 13 March
One of the hardest things in a marriage is having to throw away your own stuff.
Except the stuff that's secretly thrown out.

Tuesday 14 March
Grew up in the 1980s.
I can instantly work out times in VHS minutes.
I am awesome at my 120 times table.

Wednesday 15 March
I know why the big boobs checkout lady never gives us eye contact, and also a wife who does not want to hear one single word about my theory.

Thursday 16 March
Idea: put SAD lamps in street lights.
Cheer up the whole town.

Friday 17 March
I've asked around and straight men do not serve milk by decanting it into little jugs.

Saturday 18 March
Child of the 1980s:
Helped my son sing Beethoven's Fur Elise.
Because it was used on every single episode of The Benny Hill Show.



Sunday 19 March
You can't use your phone on petrol station forecourt.
But you can sell BBQ coal, lighter fluid and firestarter briquettes.



Previous post...
Happy Days are here again. I can see it. On my phone. #BritishDadStuff


I keep a whole year's worth of 365 Great British Dad Thoughts right here.

Or you can follow me on Twitter here... Thanks.