Tuesday, 7 March 2017

My one star review of a furniture superstore. But really, the one star is for me. For being there. #BritishDadStuff




You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you take the time to review your family's life on Google Maps.


What are we doing with our lives?

The one star is for me.

For being here.

Thought we'd combine it with taking back the recycling bin lid that doesn't work.

You know exactly where this is going.

Because I'll take a guess that this happens to you too.

The bin is made by the shop.

The lid doesn't work.

You ask if you can swap it with one that does work.

STORE WORKER:
"Sorry, we need a receipt."

ME:
We've got a Family Card - doesn't that "insure" us against your faulty products?

STORE WORKER:
Sorry, we need Proof of Purchase.

ME:
I'm a man, in his forties, walking around with a bin lid - can that maybe count as proof of purchase?

STORE WORKER:
Sorry, we need a receipt - because it's a part exchange.

ME:
We just need to swap a bin lid that doesn't work, for one that perhaps does? Does it have to be a Part Exchange?

STORE WORKER:
I can look up your receipt on our system?

ME:
Great. Do you need our Family Card?

STORE WORKER:
No, I just need the last 4 digits of your credit card.

ME:
Okay it's--

STORE WORKER:
...And the date of purchase.

ME:
I haven't got that.
Or the receipts.

Well, we do - they're in a pile in the dresser. Which, as you also know look like one stream of heidertreidertrondheimEtomuderBattersprart.

We get it.

We're here to be rinsed for cash, and feel good about the stuff that'll end up in landfill.

Via the bin that doesn't even work.

For myself, for being here and the choices I make, it's one star.

Come gather round its little twinkle.



Previous post...
They're called Loyalty Cards, but I've got 14 of them and 106-112 other Great British Dad worries #BritishDadStuff


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.