Thursday, 2 March 2017

My bedside table is a metal filing cabinet #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...you have a go at a bit of interior design, and generally hurt yourself in the night.


I've got a new bedside table.
It's a 6-drawer metal filing cabinet.
But I can't decide how to label the drawers.

Need a shaver charger?
Shh, I'll just slide one out while the Other Half is
(CLANG!) asleep. (THUD!!)

You got it.
Another book to read before dozing off?
(DOOF DOOF CLUNK!)

There it is. No, not that drawer... (DUNG)
That one. (DONK!) No, it's it's here (CLANG CLUNK!) somewhere.

Shaver stuff, charger leads, books.
(CLUUUUNK)
That's it.
That's all I need storing.
And I've still got 3 drawers left over. (CLONK)

To be honest, I don't know why I got this.
I managed to keep it all pushed back on the floor, out of foot's reach.

And if I roll over too hard... (DONNNK)

I thought it would be shabby chic, but maybe that's the minor concussion talking.


Previous post...
My son's playground assistant gave him a card. Where’s her extended news report? #BritishDadStuff


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.