Friday, 3 March 2017

I did a personality profile. For my kids, I’m a complete INFP. #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you do a personality profile. Twice.


I don’t know how I got here, but I found this great site that fires some questions at you and then delivers your Myers-Briggs personality type.

Try it out now (if it’s still working):
https://discovermyprofile.com/personality.html

There’s a thing called the Big 5 personality types.

I’d always knew I am an introvert but I didn’t know how I scored on the other 4.

And now I do.

Look how neurotic I am.

85%

The clue was that I did the test once, and scored 75%, but am so neurotic that I did it again and it came out as 85%.

So for my kids, and for history, I’m pasting in the results that came with that score.

It’s not my copyright, and so I’m really worried about pasting it in.

Because I score 85% on the Neuroticism charts.

If you do the test -- take the 4 letter code you’re given, and replace the INFP with it in the address of this link, to find out more:

https://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality


Anyway, here's me in 4 letters.

Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

INFPs focus much of their energy on an inner world dominated by intense feeling and deeply held ethics. They seek an external life that is in keeping with these values. Loyal to the people and causes important to them, INFPs can quickly spot opportunities to implement their ideals.

They are curious to understand those around them, and so are accepting and flexible except when their values are threatened. They have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything.

Openness:
62%
Conscientiousness:
34%
Extraversion:
48%
Agreeableness:
44%
Neuroticism:
85%


Openness
Openness to experience describes a dimension of personality that distinguishes imaginative, creative people from down-to-earth, conventional people.

This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer novelty versus convention. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is intellectually curious and appreciative of what you consider beautiful, no matter what others think. You might say that your imagination is vivid and makes you more creative than many others.

Conscientiousness
Conscientiousness concerns the way in which we control, regulate, and direct our impulses.

This trait refers to the extent to which people prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is spontaneous and fun, and that you like to do unexpected things that make life that bit more interesting. You might say that you aren't completely unreliable, but you've been known to slip up on occasion.

Extraversion
Extraversion is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world, versus being comfortable with your own company.

This trait refers to the extent to which we enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who enjoys and actively seeks out social occasions, but would say that they're not everything. You might say that sometimes it is nice to step back for a while and have a quiet night in.

Agreeableness
Agreeableness reflects individual differences in concern with cooperation and social harmony.

This trait refers to the way people express their opinions and manage relationships. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who gets along with people well, especially once they have proved themselves trustworthy to you. Your responses suggest that you do have a healthy scepticism about others' motives, but that doesn't stop you from considering others to be basically honest and decent.

Neuroticism
Neuroticism refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions.

This trait refers to the way people cope with, and respond to, life's demands. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who reacts poorly to stressful situations, and consequently worries more than most about them. However, you are someone that has an emotional depth that others lack.


Previous post...
My bedside table is a metal filing cabinet #BritishDadStuff


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.