Sunday, 12 March 2017

Happy Days are here again. I can see it. On my phone. #BritishDadStuff




You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when nothing gets through to you.


INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

LONG-SUFFERING WIFE dances into the room.

LONG SUFFERING WIFE (LSW):
Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again.

I scroll down my phone. LSW dances some more.

LSW:
Altogether shout it now
There's no-one who can doubt it now
So let us tell the world about it now
Happy days are here again.

I scroll down my phone some more. LSW’S dance gets more elaborate.

LSW:
Your cares and troubles are gone,
There'll be no more, from now on,
Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
Let us sing a song of cheer again...

I hold up my phone.

ME:
Have you seen what Keanu Reeves looks like now?

LSW dances out of the room.

LSW:
Happy days
Are here again!


Previous post...
Stealing just one more story from my daughter #BritishDadStuff


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.