Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Whoops I changed how you say Ibuprofen. Some more Transformers fan fiction for my son. #BRITISHDADSTUFF



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...you can change your entire family's pronunciation of a single word.


Here's some more Transformers fan fiction for my son.

OPTIMUS PRIME:
IBUprofen.

SHOCKWAVE:
IbuPROfen.

OPTIMUS PRIME:
I always stress the boo. But you always manage to hit the 'pro'. IBUprofen. How do you do that?

SHOCKWAVE:
IbuPROfen, that's just how you say it. Ibuprofen.

OPTIMUS PRIME:
IBUprofen. No. I can't do it. It's like you're dancing along the word.
Dah-dahdah-dah. IbuPROfen. Oooh, got it.

MEGATRON SMASHES IN, CLUTCHING SOME PRECIOUS DARK ENERGON.

MEGATRON:
IbUprofen. What's wrong with that?

OPTIMUS PRIME AND SHOCKWAVE:
You pronounced the 'you'.

OPTIMUS PRIME:
I-boo-pro-fen.

SHOCKWAVE:
Ibu-pro-fen.

MEGATRON:
I-byou-pro-fen.

OPTIMUS PRIME OPENS UP THE IMPOSSIBLY MASSIVE DIRECTIONS SHEET.

OPTIMUS PRIME:
Maybe it's in the instructions.

SHOCKWAVE:
(DEADPAN) They're paracetamol.

MEGATRON PUTS DOWN THE DARK ENERGON TO SQUINT AT THE PACKET.

MEGATRON:
Is that the right pronounciation?

OPTIMUS PRIME:
It's pronunciation.

MEGATRON:
(TO SHOCKWAVE) How did he get that headache, again?

[POWER MUSIC STING]

My boy's gonna love it!


Previous post...
My other skew on A Christmas Carol. Why is it the boss who's got to change? #BRITISHDADSTUFF


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.