Tuesday, 6 December 2016

How much life-expectancy would you trade for a Chromecast? #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...even your Long-Suffering Wife (LSW) is handing over her life in her head for the home's gadgets.


INT. OUR CAR, NORTHBOUND ON THE M3 - AFTERNOON

I'M DRIVING. MY LONG-SUFFERING WIFE (LSW) IS PASSENGER SIDE.

LONG-SUFFERING WIFE (LSW):
I think... I would hand over some life-expectancy... just to have the Chromecast.

ME:
A Chromecast?

LSW:
Yes. I'll say it. The Chromecast is so good, I would trade it for some life-expectancy. It's that good.

ME:
What, 12 years? You'd lose 12 years for a Chromecast.

LSW:
No. I suppose there are boundaries on that.

ME:
Six months.

LSW:
No, not that much.

ME:
6 weeks. (OFF LSW) 6 to 10 weeks.

LSW:
That's a good deal.

ME:
You'd only be weeing in a bag anyway.

LSW:
And, it's for a gadget that'd be good for say, 10 years?

ME:
And it'd be used a lot through them.

A PAUSE.

LSW:
Course, all that wi-fi is going to kill us.

WE NOD.


Previous post...
My Boris Bike Crash 5th Anniversary - the night I opened my eyes in A&E #BritishDadStuff


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.