Friday, 21 October 2016

Why we're still talking about the Bread Stall Woman's Money Jar #BRITISHDADSTUFF


(Army helicopter at the village fete.
This is normal for where we live.)


You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you're suspicious of anyone who isn't overly-protective of their money.


We went to our local village fete.
My Wife helped out by running a clothing stall.

She told me how the woman on the next stall sold bread - by having a money jar where you put in what you think it's worth... and take your own change.

I was stuck on the putting in what it was worth.
Taking change like that as well?
Say whaaaaa?

It's sad because we're all thinking how we can game that system.
But that system knows that it can be gamed.
It's all based on how you want to feel about that transaction.

She didn't not only have to do that...
but we're in a field.
Never to return again, probably... she really didn't have to do that.

You're looking for the catch - we're all looking for the catch.
The terms and conditions.
Food, energy, travel, products, culture, it's all based on a single transaction.

These are all things we need day in day out for the rest of our lives.
But it's all about getting the most out of that one-off payment.
We're still talking about that Bread Woman's Money Jar months after it happened.
Not the bread.
I can't remember a thing about the bread.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
Why am I obsessed by the Tiny House Movement? Get closer to my family? #BritishDadStuff


There's no change here.
Because there's no jar.
And I even hand-deliver these posts every day for free, by email, just ping me your address by clicking these words.
Thanks!