Thursday, 6 October 2016

The Moon's a balloon, but why can't I think of a better comeback - #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you over-think answers to mentally ill people on the street.


A man walked past me at 0730 in the morning.
He was wearing sunglasses and seemed drunk or something, dressed like the night before, in smart clothes that were shabby.

One step behind, he said very loudly, and very kindly to me:
"The Moon's a balloon".

I don't know why, but I couldn't let that pass.

He was 4 strides on, and I had to say something.

All I could nail was "I hope it doesn't go bang!"

He turned, lifted his cheap shades, smiled, and shot an appreciative finger-gun at the sky.

It made me smile. But for the next hour, I couldn't help trying to think of 100 better tags I could've come up with instead.

Why am I still looking for another comeback?

All of them are over-thought and over-written.

"The Moon's a balloon"
And we will all see it soon.
Tie a string to it and sell it in Kowloon.
It's so romantic, it makes me go swoon.
I hope it doesn't go bang... Cos I love looking at that thang.

I even Googled it to make sure I'm not missing out on something.

Turns out... I'm not.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
My Energy Company Always Answers Fast Then Puts Me On Hold For 20 Minutes. But are these pigeons gay? #BritishDadStuff


Thanks for subscribing by email - by clicking here - it helps me think there are people out there, and weirdly... it helps me keep on going.