Sunday, 30 October 2016

Talking to my Dad about a vasectomy #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you might not be ready to be a Dad any more times over.


My LSW (Long-Suffering Wife) wisely and kindly thought it would be a good idea for me to "talk to Dad" about what getting a vasectomy was like.

Over a month I think I was seeing him about twice a week, and forgot to ask every time. Maybe I'm avoiding something really simple.

So I'm at my sister's, and we're sat alone on the sofa (BT Sport doesn't count).
Looks like now is the time for that in-depth session one-on-one seeking of wisdom.

ME:
I ahm... wanted to ask you, what's a vasectomy like.

DAD:
Oh.

ME:
Is anything different... after?

DAD:
No! If anything... it's probably better.

ME:
Huh. (THEN) Did it hurt?

DAD:
It did. Only because I went to see Arsenal, Man U. Terrible game too.

ME:
Anything er... else?

DAD:
Nah.

ME:
Great!

That is all I needed.

It is my own NHS Indirect.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
To my son it's an ear whack because ear wax is plural and 15-21 other British Dad Thoughts #BRITISHDADSTUFF


Don't bust a nut to come back, I lovingly produce these and emit them every day. If you'd like to help me continue, you can sign for my daily emission to your inbox for free... just click here to leave me your email address, thanks.
(And it is reversible).