Thursday, 27 October 2016

Sunshine means Good, right? #BRITISHDADSTUFF



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you're not sure that even the forces of nature are against you.


I love that we all think that the sunshine breaking through the clouds is the universe somehow telling me something good just happened.

Yeah, whatever I'm thinking or doing, that sky is smiling down on ME... with a big 'ole thumbs up... a beam of light and a big ray of heat.

But what if we've got it all wrong.

What if it's trying to warn me or trying desperately to distract me, to get me to stop the really bad thing I'm thinking or doing.

Look, over there! Stop it for gawd's sake - bright thing, shiny thing!

Maybe it's trying burn me, to punish me. Or worse.

You know what, I think I get more stuff done when it's cloudy with a bit of rain.

From now on, that is when I will hear an angelic choir.

When it is overcast, and not overly dramatic.

Mother Nature is encouraging me to continue with my work... with her average allowance of daylight, and seasonal levels of rainfall.


I also hear an angelic choir each and every time you subscribe to get my posts daily by email.
You can trip them off and send me a beam of sunshine by clicking here to sign up if you want to give it a try. Either way, thanks...



Previous post...
The day in 1998 when I heard British TV was changing forever



My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here