Monday, 31 October 2016

I can't look away from married couples who work together. How do they do it? #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you're obsessed by married couples who live and work and sleep together.


How do they do it?

There was a Chinese couple who worked in the keycutting kiosk near me in North London for decades.

They are about as close as you get while trying to get breakfast while the other one (sorry, your loved one) is making a tea.

All day.
Every day.
For money.

So they can get to live together.
For the other rest of the day.
At home.

I'm assuming the couple lived together.

And that they sleep together - this keycutting heel repairer and dress alterer.

Then they go to work together.
In the keycutting and dress alterations booth.

All day.
Then go home together.

That is quite a lifestyle choice.

We went to a Home Exhibition the other week and looked at garden huts.

The salesman was really nice, and we talked a lot (confirming that I have moved from "Hunter-Gatherer" to "Elder" status).

We went back to the hut and it was busy, so we went to the hut next door where there was a saleswoman. And we talked to her for a long time and it was nice.

We talked to her long enough to work out that the salesman in the next hut was her husband.

They work on the "exhibition circuit" all year every year.

Selling huts that are next door to each other.

I don't know why I am telling you all of this - it's because I do a lot of work at home.

I guess your marriage could be open plan, in a kiosk, or separate huts.

PS One day I will write about the couple in separate bedrooms.

My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
Talking to my Dad about a vasectomy #BritishDadStuff


Get these posts daily by email. And thanks for subscribing, it helps me keep this blog going...