Friday, 28 October 2016

And then it hit me. I'm looking for more phrases just like that.



There's a moment in every story for...
"and then it hit me..."


"And then the back of my head blew off"

"And then my jaw dropped.
Smashing my keyboard."

I was surprised.

It took my breath away.

I was shocked. Astonished.

Suspend your disbelief...

A bolt from the blue. Out of the blue.

And then it happened.

I was caught unawares. Taken unawares.

Here's the credibility gap.

I did a double take.

It was a bombshell.

My eyes were on stalks.

I jumped out of my skin.

A shot in the arm...

This will knock your socks off. Blew my socks off.

Knock me down with a feather.

Lo and behold.

It was a 9 day wonder.

Words failed me or wonders never ceased.

There's no accounting for taste.

I was struck dumb, and stopped dead in my tracks.

Rooted to the spot, it raised our eyebrows.

A-ha, it's a eureka moment

I gasped.

And then hit hit me. And then it struck me. And then I realised.

It took my breath away.

My eyes widened.

Brainwave. Lightbulb.

Ding! Boom, bing, bada bing,

And the penny dropped, et voila, suddenly, I got it, I had it, I copped on.

Say what!

Update: thanks for extras to @dartacus, @PaulBovey, @luddlite - credits in comments below

Did I miss any? Got any more? I'd love to hear it in the comments below, thanks.

My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
Sunshine means Good, right? #BRITISHDADSTUFF


And then it hit me...
I meant to mention I send these out daily by email. Click here to subscribe and help me keep this blog going, thanks!