Thursday, 21 July 2016

What I want to tell my son... Always let women choose the date. #BritishDadStuff



You know that you're a Great British Dad when...
...you keep writing that book of wisdom for your children.


This is what I want to tell my son:
This is for him. Not you. If you're curious, that's cool.
Maybe it's for daughters too.
Let's go with one thing at a time.

People think to be a man - you have to go out there and "get the girl".
And that's sort of part of it.
But it's not like that really.
It's got nothing to do with you.

Women sort of know when they are ready to be with you.
And - this sounds barmy - but it's only on certain days.
I don't mean that in a rude way - or to be embarrassing - I mean it about your company. Just having you being around.

The great thing is - if you accidentally stumble on those certain days - let those days happen - I promise you're more likely to hit it off, and that might even last more than once.

I know men - good men - really nice guys who get really frustrated because the girl they thought liked them has bumped this date or that, or moved a meeting up time to some other day. And they're all whining about it.

And I want to say - can't you see?
This is brilliant.
She doesn't even know it, but biologically she is teeing you up, for another time, to hook up with you.
Fist-chewingly frustrating of all - they seem completely unaware that they're even doing that.

Always always always let a girl choose and have ultimate veto on when you meet up, go out, or do stuff.
I promise you, pushing it to your timetable, or putting your foot down on the time, always always always always goes wrong.

Next time I will tell you about the importance of "taking your socks off first".
Because I want the Grandkids.
Just not before I'm 60.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
El Bimbo - The Music From The Blue Oyster Bar (in Police Academy) and where it all came from


Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing. Thanks for subscribing, it helps me keep this blog going...