Sunday, 12 June 2016

Why I built an IKEA play kitchen. Because its wrong. #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you're worried that you are letting your girl play with "girl stuff". (video link here)




"Hello, I'm Neil... and everything I do is wrong.

Today I'm going to show you how to build this - the IKEA DUKTIG play kitchen.

We bought it and I built it for my little daughter, and she loves it.

I KNOW what you're thinking - I know what you're thinking... but hear me out.

She absolutely loves playing with it.

And the idea to get it didn't come from us.

Believe me it didn't come from us.

But, do you know what, she loves pink...

and she loves shoes...

and she loves Disney "Crincesses".

All of it has come from her.

And if I think hard about it... maybe her... mimsy negative role model...

is me.

Maybe she is trying to emulate my level of girlyness.

But anyway, that's how to build the kitchen."



My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
Ideas for British baby names - we didnt try hard enough #BritishDadStuff


Subscribe by email, here, thanks!