Tuesday, 28 June 2016

We have exited our house from The News #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you impose your will like the benevolent dictator that you know you can be.


Enacting an obscure piece of Common Law, I've taken the unprecedented step of removing our house from "the news".

Whipping down the sound of Radio 2 at the top of each hour is tricky.

But, gotta say, under my wise and firm Leadership, my family seems happier.

On speaking of the events in my home, I was quoted as saying:

"The hardworking people of this house have spoken, and I will implement their wishes".

"It is the right thing to do".

There will be an event later today revealing some of our other plans, with the main pledge emblazoned on the side of our family car.


(NB This is just a general indication of possibilities).

Did you know that even as I type this, there are people plotting to collaborate on sharing projects that benefit someone else?

Without profit?

Although they have already unleashed their reign of thoughtfulness, many deny that it is on the rise.

Some communities - right here in the UK - could even be seen as practically go-go areas.

In our house, we fret about the 50 lives that were suddenly and senselessly saved yesterday.

How can someone do something like that?

Where could it happen again?

Alas, with our news blackout, guess it's down to me to direct attention to where I want everyone to look.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
How to treat rude companies and brands like a Dad with a Toddler #BritishDadStuff


Why not support the cause by getting these posts daily by email?
You don't have to register to vote, just click here so I can email these to you directly, or unsubscribe any time.
Thank you.