Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Physical attraction or space invaded #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when men choose to sit next to you closer than your own wife.


I was on the train - a near-empty carriage. And a man sat down next to me. There were 6 other people in there but he wanted to be right... next... to... me.

Still got it!

He's in a business suit and he smells drunk.
It's close but I can't tell if it's new booze or from last night.
Am I attractive to self-loathing old men who haven't come to terms with who they are?

Maybe I've got this completely wrong and it's the exact opposite of what I'm thinking, and he's a commuter going all Alpha at me, and insisting on sitting in the same seat each morning.
But there's a whole empty carriage?

Anyway - I moved over to the seats on the other side.
Not realising it's so that now he can get a much better view of me.

Maybe his wife died.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
Why can't I stop thinking up new cases for The Good Wife???