Thursday, 2 June 2016

How can I avoid talking to my girl about true loves kiss? #BritishDadStuff



You know that you are a Great British Dad...
...when you don't know where to start in getting your daughter used the idea of the Miracle of Nature that is big hairy smelly men."


I read somewhere (and can't find the link now) that the traditional children's stories we know and love, and are public domain, being passed down the centuries, were actually a way to get children used to the terrible things they'll have to put up with in adult life.

So that Beauty And The Beast is a way to get little girls used to the idea that they'll pair off with a scary monster. But, you know, maybe it'll all be okay when you get to know him (or maybe her) a bit better.

For me... this is much better than having me trying to explain it.

My five year old daughter asked me, with a completely straight face, to put her hair up like Belle from Beauty And The Beast, after the Ball.

That's what I love about her - her boundless optimism and bravery.

So I had a go.
And it came out like The Little Mermaid, after the Tsunami.

And by the way, Disney...
Think you'll find "True Love's Kiss" is when your missus has a stinking cold.


My complete guide to Understanding Your British Dad is coming together here

Previous post...
Hot women handing out leaflets trying to make us better people #BritishDadStuff


Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Subscribe to posts by blog,
Email's not a slog...
Clicking on this link...