Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Men don't take my wife's secret superpower seriously, because it's a secret. #BritishDadStuff



You know you are a Great British Dad...
...when the world completely ignores the Mum's life before when she was a Mum.


This is great when it comes up randomly.

My wife has a secret superpower.

And it's so secret that Men in the world don't realise how awesome it is.

Men don't realise, when they are talking to her about bathrooms, and even more specifically showers, that she is a total expert on how they work.

She is one of the few people who worked at one of the biggest shower companies in the world, on the technical helpline for fitters and plumbers.


And what's weirder is - it turns out bathrooms come up much more in conversations than you'd think.
Really often.
And it's always men, holding court on water pressures and sealant, with no idea whatsoever that my Wife is really really quiet about knowing her stuff.

It's really funny seeing them never be curious when she asks a really technical followup question.

...and completely fail to pick up on her expertise.

They just bang on some more about their bathroom problem and totally ignore the solution... that she's just said to them... out loud. And I'm thinking, Duuude. Take the hint. There is a clue in there - for your benefit - that it's very probably worn bearings in the pump. That you've just been told about. Twice.

I now realise this is a story that's less about how brilliant my Wife is and probably a little bit more about how dumb men are.

Dammit.

My free guide to Understanding Your British Dad is here

Previous post...
What if I weren't a Dad. I'd make a terrible cult leader. #BritishDadStuff


Get these posts daily, if you want, by clicking here...