Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Barrier Bumming - urban dictionary definition of Oyster barging in London



Barrier Bumming.

Definition, New London-specific Urban Dictionary:

verb;
"That thing when people squeeze up behind you to go through a tube barrier on your Oyster card"

Does it have a name?

Yes it does.

It's called barrier bumming.

As in: "I thought I got touched up when I was touching out - but it wasn't.
It was just someone barrier bumming me."

"I gave a little penalty kick shuffle when I went through,
but it didn't stop me being barrier bummed."

"He got me through on his Oyster.
It was a consensual barrier bumming."


© Jon Macqueen and Neil Mossey, 2016. All rights reserved.


My complete guide to Understanding Your Great British Dad is here

Previous post...
Unboxing a Waitrose Oriental Meal takeaway bag for two #BritishDadStuff


Subscribe by email